Kitty Kelley, Do Any Of You Read Her Stuff? | Golden Skate

Kitty Kelley, Do Any Of You Read Her Stuff?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Kitty Kelley is coming out with a book on the Bushes this Tuesday.

It promises to be full of eye opening revelations, many of them not complimentary, according to sources on the web, including the amazon description, which says it will be 'remarkably frank'

Kitty claims that she has never been successfully sued, although none of her biographies are 'authorized'.

Has anyone here read any of the Kitty Kelley bios? What did you think?

And are you going to read the Bush bio?

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Well, I probably won't read it. Haven't read any of hers yet. I'll just get my dirt from the dishers. :laugh: I can't really comment on what she writes when I haven't read them. I always have doubts about people like that and figure there's probably a fair amount of truth in them but I would rather read what is for sure the truth if I read something like that. I pretty much avoid reading about celebrities, except for the skaters. :laugh: I have read some books, like Shirley Temple, who wrote her own.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I haven't read any of her books either. I have watched her on Larry King and it was so so. However, with all of the pro Bush stuff out there (he has been in WV more than I have in the last few months :mad: :mad: :mad: and I live here) I may just give in to this one. I heard on one of the news networks last night something about one of the newspapers that had been given a look at the book and went ahead and released some of the information. IIRC the biggie was that W had paid for one of his girlfriends to have an abortion. If that is true.....what will the right say about their poster boy? I use to like Barbara Bush Sr.. I have to admit that the first few times I saw her on TV I thought she was George Sr.'s mother :eek: . Later when it was released that she was personally pro choice but wouldn't speak up about it I lost all respect for her. I despise double standards and hypocrites. Take our Tonichelle for example. We are complete opposites politically, but I respect her for standing up for her beliefs. I don't remember the exact quote now but something to the effect of standing up for what you believe in even when it is inconvenient for you.

skatepixie

On the Ice
I gave up on Kity when she wrote the Royals. Something about one of the younger boys not being Phillip's and the queen being concieved in a turkey baster? *eye roll* Its like a tabloid in book form.

Kelley, as far as I know, has always razzed most of the people she has written about, among them Jacqueline Kennedy Onasis. It was she who coined the phrase "Jackie O"

I'm sure she'll blast the whole Bush family. It sells! Fasten your seat belts, Bush fans, this will be a bumpy ride.

Joe

4dogknight

Final Flight
I'm with Piel on most of the reasons she gave for reading the book; I don't live in WV, I live in Texas and that gives me a couple of reasons more.

I pre-ordered the book from amazon and expect delivery within the next several weeks.

4dk - who is reading "My Life" by Bill Clinton and read "The Hornets Nest" by Jimmy Carter this spring. I recommend both most heartedly.

skatepixie

On the Ice
so, basically, what yall are telling me is that if its anti-Bush, you'll read it and believe, no matter what, right?

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Yeah, we're all robots that way. Not.

I don't know about Kitty's book, but Molly Ivins and Al Franken back up their research with FACTS. And you can look at where they got those facts and make judgments for yourself. Ann Coulter takes quotes out of context and then just flat out make stuff up.

I don't take what ANYONE says for granted. I do my research and make up my mind myself.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Skatepixie,

I'll admit it I am a LIBERAL democrat. And what Bush has done and is doing frightens me. If you are very wealthy or expect to become very wealthy and know for sure you will never become chronically ill or disabled, and if knowing that the government that today treats homsexexuals, the elderly, the disabled, the working poor, and women as second class citizens tomorrow could decide to turn on you then go ahead and support Bush and his like. I don't know how anyone with a conscience can be supportive of him. As a female I find it insulting that the Republican party feels it is their right to decide my reproductive rights. As a human being I find it insulting that they feel they can decide who can love who and what consenting adults can do yet when it comes to government helping the poor they come back with "that's not our business". IMO the Republican party's aim is to help the rich stay rich while those with less foot the bills, to force right wing conservative religious values on everyone, to bully whatever countries they feel have insulted one of their own, and to frighten everyone that evil empires are out to get us an excuse for excessive military buildup, manning it with the back door draft to amke it look lijke they are doing something while they are in office.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
skatepixie said:
I gave up on Kity when she wrote the Royals. Something about one of the younger boys not being Phillip's and the queen being concieved in a turkey baster? *eye roll* Its like a tabloid in book form.

Kitty wasn't the first to come out with these theories. They have been around for years. IMO you can't criticise the writer without putting the same blame on the reader. These books only sale if people are willing to buy them...duh. I think that most people realize that these are not history books. They usually do end up containing some truths that those written about would rather we didn't know.

Aloft04

On the Ice
Piel said:
... what Bush has done and is doing frightens me..... I don't know how anyone with a conscience can be supportive of him. As a female I find it insulting that the Republican party feels it is their right to decide my reproductive rights. As a human being I find it insulting that they feel they can decide who can love who and what consenting adults can do yet when it comes to government helping the poor they come back with "that's not our business".

Piel, I think I love you. Well spoken!

About the presidential election, I am most fascinated at how quickly and completely it has become a one-issue campaign. No one seems to care, really, about the state of the economy and the national debt, about abortion or homosexual marriage, about health care and social security. No one really cares about Swift Boats, military records and who did or didn't do what in the Viet Nam war. No one really cares about yesterday's news like weapons of mass destruction or the causes of the war against Iraq. I think the election will be won or lost on one point and one point only:

In the war on terrorism, is President Bush a steadfast leader or is he a reckless cowboy?

Bush supporters hope and believe that the policies of the current administration have initiated a process, beginning in Iraq and Afghanistan, that will result in the people of the Middle East realizing that it is in their best interests to embrace Western-style democracy and to reject religious fanaticism. Or at least that they will cease their support for terrorist organizations out of fear of American strength, as recently in Libya.

Bush opponents fear that the opposite will happen. That in nations such as Pakistan, Turkey, Egypt, not to mention Iraq itself, the people will become so enflamed by anti-U.S. hatred that it will not be possible for moderate secular governments to remain in power over their increasingly radicalized populations, the result being a rush to Iranian-style theocracy.

In times of perceived national crises, Americans rally round the president. Every terrorist attack, such as the recent slaughter of school children in Russia, brings votes to Mr. Bush. Whether this is a logical response to resolute leadership or the duping of a gullible public by smoke and mirrors -- that's what the election will turn on, IMHO.

Mathman :\

skatepixie

On the Ice
Ok, so you dont like the man's policy. I can deal with that. I diagree. As a pro-life *woman*, I think you are narrow-minded. But that doesnt mean that what Kitty Kelley does is right. Oh, and by the way, this isnt about Al Franklin or Ann Clouter. Its about Kitty Kelly.

In fact, my dislike of Miss Kelly has nothing to do with her recent Bush-bashing. Ive never liked the woman. If she were doing this to the Clintons, I swear I wouldnt dislike her any less. Wrong is wrong.

I dont really much care if Kitty came up with the theories herself. Shes reporting them, isnt she? The turkey baster thing is just plain out there. And as for stuff like whos kids are really theirs and stuff like that, if its true, its none of our buisness. If it isnt true, which Im betting its not based on the other things she says, then shame on her for trying to make money off of it. And shame on the people who buy that garbage.

I put blame on her readers as well. If you read it, you are supporting her immoral tabloid-style writing. Tabloids are wrong.

Aloft04

On the Ice
skatepixie said:
As a pro-life *woman*, I think you are narrow-minded.
So how does a broad-minded pro-life woman rationalize voting for a candidate who chose to wage war? Surely you know more than 10,000 Iraqis have been killed, some even children and pregnant women. Are we to conclude that some lives/souls are simply of more value than others?
(P.S. Don't agree with abortion? - never have one. It's that simple.)

skatepixie said:
And shame on the people who buy that garbage.
Like the people who bought "Unfit for Command" and regurgitate it as factual? It's all subjective, isn't it?

skatepixie said:
..... you are supporting her immoral tabloid-style writing.
And there's a strong argument that you're supporting something much more immoral.....it's all in the eyes/life experience of the beholder.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
skatepixie said:

Pixie,
If you will go back and read everyone's posts you are the only one who seems to be taking what she writes seriously and getting all bent out of shape over it.

Babies are concieved via turkey baster, and the British royal family is known to have participated in activities much stranger than that.LOL.

Finally, how can someonne who is prolife support a President who as governor murdered 150 people with the death penalty, those folks were someone's baby too? . You can't preach that all life is sacred and then murder whether it be the death penalty, hunting for WOMD, or the back door draft. How could any loving parent force a child who becomes pregnant from rape or incest to bear that child? I am amazed at the number of supposedly pro life white upperclass that change their thinking when little princess finds herself pregnant by some one from the wrong side of the tracks or of a different ethnicity. :sheesh: :sheesh: :sheesh:

Last edited:

skatepixie

On the Ice
Im for the death penalty. You see, a baby is innocent. A murderer isnt. Im also for the war. See, terror needs to be stopped and Saddam needed to go. However, thats not the topic of this thread. You want to talk about these things, start a thread for them. Dont try to get this thread off topic.

Babies concieved by turkey baster, Peil? In the 1920's? Sources, please?

I didnt buy Unfit for Command. I didnt think it was right. In general, I dont buy tell alls, from either side.

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Pixie, you took this thread off topic when you accused anyone who didn't agree with Bush of being a sheep when it came to criticism of him. Threads drift. It happens.

Bush sent a mentally handicapped man to the electric chair. That's not too cool. He tried to send the guy whose lawyer fell asleep at the trial to the chair, but thankfully an alert judge granted a stay and an appeal. For the record, not everyone on death row is guilty. DNA evidence has freed a lot of people. But how many were killed until that happened?

Oh, and stopping terror? Our current occupation of Iraq has actually HELPED Al-Qaeda recruit new members. Yes, Saddam needed to go, but a bullying, predominately Christian nation shouldn't have been the one to do it.

I am curious about what's in Kitty's book, but I won't buy it. I don't know what her fact checking methods are, and I don't think that just because she's never been successfully sued means everything is true. Lawsuits are messy and there is probably some info the person doing the suing doesn't want splashed all over TV.

Laura

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
To quote a famous republican, Ronald Reagan I am trying not to "hold your lack of experience against you" ( or something like that). I think that before you are so quick to criticise you should spend some time outside of your sheltered little world and try to realize that your reality is not everyone else's. In other words there are people in the world with problems you can't even imagine and the Bush administration and far right just don't give a damn what happens to these folks. When a woman says she does not want to bear a child there are reasons behind that choice. With all of the child abuse and with more and more cases of post partum depression no one has a right to force someone else to carry a child they do not want.. Adoption is not the answer for everyone and as discussed before if the baby is not white and healthy it's chances of being adopted are poor. Sometime just the nine months of pregnancy is more than some woman can handle. No one makes these decisions without much thought and prayer, and no one chooses abortion if there is any way they think they can have the child. It seem that a lot of the far right see forcing a woman to carry a child she doen't want as just punishment for the woman having sex. Motherhood should be a welcome choice not a sentence.

skatepixie said:
Babies concieved by turkey baster, Peil? In the 1920's? Sources, please?

The Arabs have practiced artficial insemination on their horses since the 1400's. It has been used on humans at least since the early 1900's.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/health/FertArtInsem.asp

I don't get why this seems so outlandish to you. Consider that the royal marriages are arranged even though QEII was supposedly very much in love with Prince Phillip. The women were virgins and the men were known philanderers. Their job was simply to produce an heir. Divorce was not an option Taking all of that into consideration artificial insemination to assure continuing the line doesn't seem strange at all.. Bulb syringes which are commonly used for varous medical procedures have been around for ages. A turkey baster is a bulb syringe except sells for much less. :)

As for innocence. What about those on death row that are innocent and are there because they happen to be poor and African American? What about the innocent victims of rape or incest?

Last edited: