Favorite entertainment/cultural activity | Golden Skate

Favorite entertainment/cultural activity

Your favorite live entertainment (cultural/nonsports)

• Classical music concert

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Opera

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Ballet

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Theater

• Magic shows

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lectures by celebrities or leaders

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Painting/other art live demonstrations

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Rock/Jazz/pop music concerts

• Other

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vash01

Medalist
Other than FS (and I see FS show or competition more as a sport than a cultural activity- some may disagree) what is your favorite cultural activity that you enjoy being a spectator in? You may be performing in one or more of these types, but what do you like to watch/hear (when you are not the performer)?

I just want to see what kind of performance related entertainment people like, other than sports.

Last edited:

bronxgirl

Medalist
I love going to a Braodway show. I just wish I lived closer to the city and could get in to see a show more than once a year. Museums would be my second choice. The Met is one of the world's great museums! Oh, to be wandering through the Egyptian wing...

Vash01

Medalist
I love museums too. i did not include them because I was thinking of 'live' performances, but wandering through museums can be just as entertaining.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Oooh, a tough one. I love theater and opera. I'd probably have to go with opera, though. A well performed opera really has the ability to command my attention....and also usually has full reign over my emotions!

BTW, I also enjoy wandering around a good museum. Alas, we have only a small art museum here. Well, that, and a "tractor" museum! :laugh:

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
One of the great things about living in Boston is that I can always go down to NYC for the weekend whenever there is anything "must-see" there. I haven't missed the Lincoln Theater Festival now for 5 years!

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Living history. I'm a long-term Renaissance faire-goer and really enjoy "time travel". When I'm not attending a lecture or visiting a museum...or kicking back with a brewski watching the tee-vee. :D
Rave

Antilles

Medalist
Lots of great choices, but I went witth theatre. You can get everything there-acting, singing and dancing. Opera and rock concerts were a close second.

Ximena

Final Flight
I picked Ballet, I love Ballet always has, but I also enjoy going to classical concert. Every since I was 7-8 and that's almost 14 years ago, my dad used to take us (me and my brothers) to concert of classical music all sunday mornings so I'm very fond to classical music, but I prefer ballet, mostly because I used to practiced it and so my sister, so I get to to see all the performances every time I wanted because the Company gave the students free tickets so since my sister were taking part of the show, I always went to see rehearsals as well as the performance itself.

I would also have picked pop/rock concerts but the bands that comes here are never good so most of the itme it's such a waste of money.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
This was a tough choice because I love, classical music, ballet and the theatre. I picked classical music because it's mainly at my fingertips, through my piano and listening to my various cd, tapes and records. I love attending live concerts and ballets, but unfortunately don't get to many. I also love the theatre be it musicals or plays. I do get to a lot of movies - should add that one to the list!!!!

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Give me big band, jive & Boogie Woogie. Too bad there isn't any of that any more to go to. :cry: