Ice Dancing | Golden Skate

Ice Dancing

Mrs Redboots

On the Ice
Do you mean as in a couple, or in a bigger team like formation dancing?

I'm certainly part of a couple - I dance with my husband at our level (basic) and against our peers (elderly), and have great fun.

icy fresh

On the Ice
Sorry. I meant as a couple.

(I'm just experimenting with translating everything into French since I'm learning it in school. So if anyone here can speak French, lemme know!)

Je regrette. J'ai signifié comme un couple.

Mrs Redboots

On the Ice
I do that, too. I think you meant: "J'ai voulu dire comme une couple" (vouloir dire, literally "want to say", is the way you say "I meant" in this context). If, or when, you are an adult skater, you'll have to bring your partner over and skate in the Mountain Cup competition in France at the end of May each year (or the Dune of Flanders Cup held in northern France in early December).

icy fresh

On the Ice
Sorry about my bad French, I've only been taking it for two weeks. Some of the text was from an online translator. I don't think I'll be using that again.
Je regrette.
Sometime, a long time from now, I'll be an adult, but not now. I'm still competing as a kid. I just need a partner. There's like 1 boy for every 100 hundred girls around here. So I really need to get better than all those other girls.

Au revoir!

Mrs Redboots

On the Ice
The other thing you can do is lobby for more solo dance classes in competitions in your area. In this country, solo dance is a recognised Championship in its own right - we even had some adults entering this year, and very well they did, too! It's not the same as dancing with a partner, of course, but it is a very good second-best.

The other thing you could try to make happen is social dance events. Our Club has an hour of social dance every week, and while it's fine to dance with your regular partner (if you have one) during those dances you're polishing for a competition or whatever, you also get to dance with a huge selection of men, from beginners right through to professional coaches and past champions! Great fun.

icy fresh

On the Ice
Yes, I've done some solo dance competitions. Next year I'm going to State Games of America in Colorado Springs to compete in solo dance cause I qualified.
Thanks for your advice, if I had a social dance event though, it would be all girls. Everyone at one of my rinks hate dance and everyone time I play the music they all plug their ears . It's kind of insulting, but something I must live with unfortunately. :cry:

Last edited:

Kitty

Rinkside
Hi there !!!

Hey I'm new here and I'm French ! What can i do for you ??

Take care

Kitty

icy fresh

On the Ice
OMG!! You're french! That's amazing! I'm going to say some stuff in French for you, ok?
Bonjour! Comment ca va? Je fatigue. J'aime patinage et je suis douze. Tu es une amie de icy_fresh. Tout le monde un ami de icy_fresh. Enchante!

Last edited:

Kitty

Rinkside
Hi !

I used to skate when I was around 15 but I had to quit due to my studies, the cost and ... the coach :mad: lol

Now I'm 25 and I skate as often I as can durinf public session but the local rink (Nancy in north east France) is closed down for those and it's been like this for almost 3 years now !!!

So now when I'm go to an ice rink it is as a fan who's watching a competition or an exhibition. I will attends the Trophée bompard by the way. Anyone coming ? :)

If you need information about French skaters, translation of french articles, etc send me a message :agree:

Cheers from France

Kitty