Evgeni out of GP? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Evgeni out of GP?

S

SkateFan4Life

mzheng said:
Though I believe the show is less pressure on jumps than GPs. But still there will be some jumps, that will continue put the pressure on his leg. I thought if he wants the OGM at 2006, he should take break and get the surgery.

I agree with you! IMHO, Evgeni should take care of his knee this season - surgery if necessary - and even miss the 2004-2005 season if necessary. He needs to be well and healthy for the 2005-2006 season which, of course, is the Olympic season.

As for touring, don't forget that living out of a suitcase can be exhausting and draining. Evgeni will still be expected to skate at a reasonably strong technical level, and he won't be resting his knee, as he should be.

Remember Nicole Bobek's controversial "Nutcracker" tour during December 1995? She had injured her ankle, yet she went on with a 22-city tour, returned home exhausted, out of shape, and injured, and her injury (which had not healed) caused her to withdraw from the 1996 US Nationals.

SkateFan4Life said:
Remember Nicole Bobek's controversial "Nutcracker" tour during December 1995? She had injured her ankle, yet she went on with a 22-city tour, returned home exhausted, out of shape, and injured, and her injury (which had not healed) caused her to withdraw from the 1996 US Nationals.
And if I remember correctly, Todd Eldridge blamed his poor Nationals skate on the tour!

Evgeny if that knee is as bad as we think, he needs the surgery NOW and make up for loss time later. Single jumps take their toll as much as triples.

Joe

gezando

Final Flight
I wish Plush speedy recovery. It is good that he takes time to take care of himself. I don't worry that he will catch h*!! li MK caught h*!! from her anti fans and detractors, so it was not skipping GP that they were so indignant about. They just wanted to give Mk h*!! because they do not like her. Of course she can't win with these detractors, when she skipped GP series they bashed, when she was / wlll be competing they dissed her as " it is almost like as she's never there"

soogar said:
Regarding MK:
Honestly, MK never really skated GP events to win them like Yevgeny does , so even when she competes in them it's almost like she's never there.

When Mk was competing in GP series, she was there, showing up to every practice session, and skated the sp, and lp. Now if you don't care for her skating and if she seemed to be non existent to you that is another issue. That is not MK's issue, but her detractors issue.

Yevgeny on the other hand, as did Alexei, goes full out on GP events like they are Worlds

I have no doubt skaters like Plushenko, Yags, and Mk all try their best in GP events. I am a Yags fan, but did he go all out e.g. in SA Colorado springs in 99, and 00? I know he had problem with the altitude. OTOH MK was there, and she went all out.

so I can see more of a risk for injury. Actually, Alexei probably hurt his chances in Nagano by skating so many GP events and having his best skate at Cup of Russia that he was burnt out at the Olympics.

You mean Nagano Olympics 98? I believe Mk went all out and had a toe fracture injury that season too. I believe she went all out even in the midst of the toe fracture in Skate Canada that season, she fell on the butterfly because of the toe fracture.

Last edited: