Let's devise our own judging system | Golden Skate

Let's devise our own judging system

S

Spirit889

Let's devise our own judging system

<strong>Proposal #1:</strong>
Line 14 dogs up at rinkside. They can even be appointed by different federations, I have no problem with that, but they should be made up of at least 10 different breeds.

Attach very light-weight sensors to their tails. As each skater performs, the dogs' tails will wag in accordance to how much they like the program. The higher the speed and force of the tail-wagging, the higher the skater's score.

Scores are posted for the entire audience to see. Each dog's name and country will be shown with his or her score.

Skaters caught scenting their costumes with the aroma of raw steak will be severely penalized. Dogs caught accepting bribes of Alpo in exchange for extra tail wags will be <em>banned for life</em>, no matter how apologetic, cute and sweet they look afterwards.

That is my proposal, but I'm sure there must be others. What other alternate judging systems can we suggest to the people in charge (whoever they turn out to be)?

P

Ptichka

Re: Let's devise our own judging system

Spirit! That's hysterical!!! :rollin:

N

nysk8r

Fantastic! I just hope that French poodle doesn't cheat again! :rollin:

S

sk8cynic

I touched on this on another thread, but maybe the whole season should be set up in the format of American Idol.

All contenders start at the beginning of the season. Judges sit at a table and critique programs immediately following. Viewer public votes of a couple of skaters each week, until we get to the final ten. Then it's time for tons of fluff pieces, makeovers, tacky group skates, programs set to musical themes, catfights between judges, celebrity judging a la retired skaters (Peggy would be great at this - she could deem as many programs as she wants as 'nice' and 'pleasant' to her hearts content), Terry Gannon could take Ryan Seacrest's role, including the mesh wardrobe, wildcards would be selected by the 'judging panel,' etc., etc. Anyone want to pitch this idea to Fox?

Best of all, the armchair fans determine the winner, so the judges never get blamed for partisanship. But then again, if it were left to the fans, MK would continue winning until she's 89 (I'm teasing here folks)........

M

Mathman3

:rollin: :rollin: :rollin: Can you imagine the Internet panic as each fan site tries to jam the phone lines with votes for their fave?

MM

S

Spirit889

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Fantastic! I just hope that French poodle doesn't cheat again![/quote]

Ah, ze French poodle! I heard she made a deal with the Siberian Husky.

J

Joesitz

Or the Russian Wolf Hound engages in bribery.

Joe

K

Kasey

Let the fans/audience vote!

Have handheld voting devices in the auditorium....if someone tries to vote more than once, or tries to give a perfect score to a skater who fell, they get an electrical shock! Or better yet....if a skater falls, the machine reacts and won't allow a score above a certain number....if more than 20 people yawn during a skater's performance, the machine allows nothing higher than a 5.4 for artistry! He he he he. :cool:

There's just too much upkeep for the dog system! Food, water, flea dips, rabies shots.....SIGH!