Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ladies Restroom Mystery Finally Solved

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    If you have ever had to use an Outhouse than you know what luxury a restroom is!!! When I was a little girl we used to go to Alberta to visit my Grandmother - in the days when she had no running water and no bathroom - we had to go out to the outhouse to do you know what!!! Believe me many times my mom and I dashed behind an old automobile. Visiting the outhouse especially at night was not a pleasant experience. Nor in the dead of winter - forty below!!!!
    So running out of TP at the movie theatre was not my worst washroom experience!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Grgranny
    I've hung my purse around my neck many times. I also have seat covers in my purse.
    What a great idea! I am going to 'borrow' a couple of seat covers and stuff them in my purse, so that whatever empty space is left in it will be filled :laugh

P.S.I always carry some 'clean' tissue in the purse.

Vash

I bought a couple of those packages of covers and still have quite a few left. If you keep them in your purse, fold them up and put them in a plastic bag as they get all torn up in your purse. It also helps to go ahead and tear the little tabs when you put them in the bag so if there are people waiting they don't have to wait longer waiting for you to tear those up. Also, I usually carry a small bar of soap in my purse too. Lots of places don't have soap. yuk

I must admit I also carry a pack of seat protectors in my purse. I bought them at the pharmacy and the pack is the size of a pack of tissues.........very handy........great thread, a by the way......... 42

Custom Title
    The worst thing about those loos is no towels - only those dreadful hot-air machines that do absolutely nothing at all to dry your hands. Sigh....

Maybe this should have gone in the pet peeves section. I really hate it when someone has dribbled all over the seat. If you don't want to sit, why don't you take a piece of tissue, lift the seat, and go? That's what I do when I am without a cover, etc. If you're not going to sit on it anyway, what's the difference if it's up or down?

I hate it when there is a bar of soap instead of a dispensor. Even worse is when the bar of soap is lying in a puddle or in the sink. What about people who leave without washing their hands even when there is soap and towels...yuk! When my niece was about 6 we were in the restroom at the movies and a lady came out of a stall and started to leave the restroom without washing her hands. Dani stepped up to her and said "Excuse me, but you should wash your hands in case you want some popcorn."
    Last edited by Piel; 09-26-2004 at 10:17 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2