I did it--registered for first USFS comp!!! | Golden Skate

I did it--registered for first USFS comp!!!

Yazmeen

On the Ice
Well, I bit the bullet and did it. I'm registered for my first USFS competition, the Halloween Classic (Adult skaters only) at Aston IceWorks in late October. No Test compulsories and Freestyle.

Both compulsories and program are coming along. Its nice to get in some extra skating and lessons now between jobs. I'm off ice for a week after today for some R and R, but then its right back to it.

All I can say is: :eek: :eek: :eek: :laugh:

sk8er1964

On the Ice
Do you know anyone who's going to be there? If not, PM me and I'll give you some names of folks I know.

It should be a blast - I wish I could go, but my son's travel hockey costs are ruling out out-of-state comps for me right now :cry: .

terriskates

Rinkside
I'll be at the Halloween Classic competing in Pre- Bronze Ladies II and Adult Improv! Had the second fitting for my dress yesterday and will be doing a new program, representing a new club-(really new as in received USFS provisional membership in June) and in new (since May) boots and new blades that I'll be getting next week!

Figureskates

On the Ice
Go get 'em, Yaz!!

My coach wanted me to enter this one as well (It would have been my first as well), but Hurricanes Charley, Frances, and Ivan put the brakes on that with all the extra hours I had to put in here at work.

sk8pics

Rinkside
Yeah! Good luck, Yaz! I hope you have a great time and it is a good experience for you.

Pat

Glacierskater

On the Ice
Oh Yazmeen! I am so proud of you! You have come a long way baby! I remember when you first started skating! Now you are doing USFS competitions! Please let us know how the whole experience goes! Are you going alone, or taking a friend, or the hubby with you?

Yazmeen said:
Well, I bit the bullet and did it. I'm registered for my first USFS competition, the Halloween Classic (Adult skaters only) at Aston IceWorks in late October. No Test compulsories and Freestyle.

Both compulsories and program are coming along. Its nice to get in some extra skating and lessons now between jobs. I'm off ice for a week after today for some R and R, but then its right back to it.

All I can say is: :eek: :eek: :eek: :laugh:

Mrs Redboots

On the Ice
Yazmeen, I'm so glad you've finally "bitten the bullet", so to speak - and I am really looking forward to hearing all about it, and how you got on, and what it felt like, and whether you feel "Never, ever again", or "When's the next competition, I can't wait?".....

Yazmeen

On the Ice
Thanks, everyone. Redboots, GOOD to see you here!!!! I've missed you from SF when I used to post there. Terri--I will definitely want to see you skate. Pre-Bronze is the ultimate group I want to watch besides my own level. Good Luck. What's your dress going to be like? I still have to talk to my coach about a dress.

terriskates

Rinkside
My dress is being made by one of the skating moms at my rink- this will be only the second time that I've had a custom made dress. That's a idea for you and it can be cheaper than going through one of the skating wear companies.
I also got my new blades last week- my old blades were sharpened down to the point where I had no rocker left, so now I have all this rocker and tons of edge on the new blades. Jumps are fine, in fact my coach told me on my lesson on Thursday that it was a good thing that there was no change. Spins, though are a another story- my timing is off. Oh well, I have a month to get it going!

Cinderella on Ice

Bless you, Fairy Godmother, I'm Having a BALL!
On the Ice
Wow, Yaz, I'm so proud of you!!! I "go away" for a little while, and you've officially become an adult competitor. Woo hoo!

I hope you have as much fun at your first competition as I did. Mine was less than a year ago, but I remember it like I was yesterday.

You rock!