LINDSAY DAVIS at Golden West | Golden Skate

LINDSAY DAVIS at Golden West

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Donn is this your daughter or are you her agent? Why are you promoting her?

Piel, as far as I can tell Wesskint International is an web-based company that promotes young skaters, gymnasts and the like, generating publicity for them and helping to arrange private schooling -- that sort of thing. They say they are a "non-profit" organization, but I don't believe it.

I don't know how much it costs the parents of these young skaters to sign up for these services, but the publicity pictures that Weskint posts on their web site seem to be quite professionally done, so presumably parents who are interested in generating publicity for their budding stars feel that they are getting their money's worth.

Maybe Donn will enlighten us on this thread as to exactly what his company does.

Mathman.

icy fresh

On the Ice
I have seen this announcement about her winning on other messageboards. What's the deal?? Are they building up media-attention in hopes of her becoming the next big thing?

Yes, I think that's the idea. Just like elite skaters hire agents to generate publicity for them, so these up-and-coming skaters can use a service like Wesskint for this purpose. Maybe it will translate into endorsement contracts and invitations to events.

I don't see anything wrong with it. Blow your horn. It's the American way!

Mathman

icy fresh

On the Ice
This reminds me of the movie Ice Castles, if any of you have seen it. The media follows her around everywhere as the next big thing. It's a great movie. :laugh:

DONN of WESSKINT

Rinkside
Just to set your minds at ease...Our many past friends know the following, as fact- so we speak to all our many present, and future friends...

Simple love of the sport motivates, and energizes, all FREE SERVICES provided to elites and eligibles by WESSKINT. That is, NOT A CENT OF COST, NOR OBLIGATION, is required, nor accepted, from/by, any of its service-recipients. In the particular post noted, a parent takes, and submits, photos. Again, NO COSTS are involved. Hard to believe in today's mercenary milieu, we understand- but nevertheless, it is our mission....We trust this will sufficiently "enlighten" any who may have been concerned...WE ARE, a not-for-profit organization!

Are you a VERIFIABLE, eligible-elite, and would like some further proof? Drop us a line at WESSKINT, and we'll talk personally (not on a board). Our promise?...We'll help you in any way we can...FOR FREE!

Best regards to all...and let's ENJOY the sport we all love!

DONN

Thanks for the clarification, Mr. Donn.

But you can understand my confusion. Web pages like this one

http://www.wesskint.org/Tutor4Me.html

made me think that Wesskint, International is a commercial enterprise that supplies in-home tutoring and educational services to young people engaged in performing arts, skating, gymnastics, cheerleading, etc., and charges tuition as does any educational enterprise. I see, however, that it is free for "elite" athletes. That's great. I hope that the publicity that your generosity generates pays off in terms of advertising value for your organization.

I especially liked this Felicia Beck site, and am pleased to see that Wesskint , International is proud to be part of "Team Felicia Beck."

http://www.wesskint.org/FBeck.html

Still, posts like this one leave me confused about the not-for-profit aspect of your services:

(From [email protected]:
MR DONN (Director: WESSKINT,
International)" <DONN@w...> wrote:
> We're still the best in the area for private, homeschooled services...and consutations are always FREE. If you're in the Greater Orlando/ Kissimmee area, and you'd prefer a Master Tutor, rather than a government school, for your school-age kids...then give us a call!

> First, suggest you go to: www.wesskint.org/OrlandoK12Tutor.html

> Have a "sports-kid"? Skater? Gymnast? Take a look at this too:

> www.wesskint.org/Tutor4Me.html

> Good luck...we'll hope to hear from you someday soon!

> MR DONN

***NOTE:

/OrlandoK12Tutor.html is now located at www.wesskint.org/Tutor4Me.html

WESSKINT, International

Still FREE CONSULTATION and REASONABLE fees. At home/ online.
Or this one, posted on the Cheerleader forum

http://cheerforum.com/message-board-forum/about33.html

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2002 2:25 am Post subject: Need A Master K-12 Tutor?

Is your coursework load getting a bit heavy? Less time for practice sessions? Could you use some private, tutorial assistance- at home (after school/weekends) in Greater Orlando Area/ or online (no software necessary), outside the area?

Just Email: [email protected] or leave word at 407.375.1337 for low and affordable, private help. FREE CONSULTATION (includes skills assessments). INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS should apply.

Licensed and experienced working with A&E, Skaters, Gymnasts, and Cheers.

Get in touch, get started, and watch those grades improve!
I applaud your entrepreneurial spirit -- I am in the education game myself. But you can forgive me if I thought that all this sounds a lot like commercial advertising.

Mathman

Last edited: