Thread: Survivor Vanuatu

Hybrid View

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....

Survivor Vanuatu

Well, so far, the men are just STUPID. Seems to me that this early on, you get rid of your weakest link (Chris) instead of one of your strongest. This was a case of a group of flabby guys being threatened by someone who was actually in shape. I hope the women just keep kicking their butts until they wake up.

I think Chad played the Artificial Leg card entirely too early; if it'd been me I'd've waited at least another few days if I could have, just to really maximize the shock value if nothing else; plus it'd give me a few extra days to make alliances, etc. It was too early IMO to know how the revelation would go over.

Among the women, I like Scout and Leanne, and I think Twila is going to be QUITE SOMETHING. It always kills me (and a variation of this happens every time) when these chickie-boos are down by the lagoon lounging around doing their Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue thing and then turning around and complaining that the others are SHOWING THEM UP and TRYING TO MAKE POINTS by ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING LIKE BUILDING SHELTER. I think it would be interesting if the people who were actually interested in doing any work, made their own shelters, and the ones who wanted to treat this like a South Pacific vacation can just lounge around and sleep on the beach and get themselves rained on.

What I think will be most interesting about this edition is that it might turn out to be more about young vs. "old" than male vs. female. I say, "Go old folks!!" :D :D

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Thanks Jonny for starting the thread. We have our elimination game going on at work. (I dare not say pool because that's a form of gambling, not allowed at work) Anyhow, I have Leann so I am hoping that she gets somewhere in the game. We have $90 for the final person, $50 for runner-up, $10 for 2nd runner-up, $10 for 1st person on jury and $20 for 1st person voted off. We have a good time with the game and then we all gather for the finale with food and drinks.

Dee

Skating Freak Barbie
    So far...um...YAWN! No real standout personalities to me yet. I also think Chad played the one leg thing too soon, but who knows how hot it is there...maybe he just needed to be in shorts! The gals, yeah, I think Twila is pretty cool! lol Not so sure about the little barbie nitwits....No one just leapt out at me that I just instantly like or dislike so far (Like Rupert or Bawstin Wab!)

Kasey

I missed last week (stupid VCR!), but had read all sorts of recaps - I was mostly surprised that Eliza wasn't anywhere near as annoying as I'd heard. But maybe she just didn't get much airtime. I was really pleased at the turnaround to vote off Dolly. The look on Mia's face as the votes came out was priceless. So far Mia and Julie I don't like, Ami seems the shrewdest (she very deftly fed Leann and Eliza the info to engineer Dolly's ouster), I like Twila, Scout's days are numbered unless she gets good at something real fast.

On the boys' team, I have a harder time figuring our what's going on yet. I don't really like or dislike anyone yet - but Rory is clearly ostracizing himself from the team. He's got a huge target on his back.

I bet the producers loved getting to film the gals sidle past each other on that balance beam - I thought seeing how obviously uncomfortable the men were getting that close to each other was hilarious.

The guys were so close getting fire on their own - I was rooting for them!

Custom Title
    So far I like Ami and Mia from Yasur, and Lea and Travis from Lopevi.

Rory is just plain annoying and needs to go.

Does Lisa do anything but smile and show off her fake rack?

Scout is useless.

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    I was kind of hoping that the guys would have gone just far enough in the balance beam challenge to the point where we could have seen Bubba and Sarge try to get past each other with those oversized bellies of theirs -- that would have made for some serious comedy! I notice they had Chris at the very end so he wouldn't have to walk by anybody!