Survivor Vanuatu | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Survivor Vanuatu

sk8er1964

On the Ice
Unless she gets immunity, I think Julie would be next, with Scout after that. Of course, I'm rarely right on these predictions (I do better at skating) :)

Weren't they promo'ing something about Twila losing it for tonight's show?

mike79

On the Ice
Damn, I was really hoping for Twila or Scout to go. Scout might be the most useless Survivor ever.

I guess it's gonna come down to Chris/Eliza vs. Twila/Scout. That's fine as long as it's Chris and Eliza who get to the final 2. I've wanted to see them there for weeks.

There is the possibility that either Eliza or Chris could bail on the other but I would hope they realize that it wouldn't make sense.

I was hoping Chris would switch his vote to Twila also. I don't know, maybe his thoughts are that he has a better chance at challengest against Twila and obviously Scout. I was almost as shocked as Eliza was that Julie went home.
Except for the volcano, I agree it wasn't a very interesting episode.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I want Twila to win!!! What has Chris & Eliza done to merit one mil??? I won't even mention Scout. Chris should have been gone the first night. Eliza is just a big overgrown brat. :mad:

Dee

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Dee4707 said:
Chris should have been gone the first night.

Dee

While I agree with that (and have even said it in my last post), I'm starting to think that maybe he DOES deserve to win for that very reason. When you consider all the aligning and all the scrambling he's had to do, especially over the last several weeks, to even stay in this thing -- from that perspective, he's certainly IMO worked a lot harder than Twila or Eliza. (The sea slugs in the ocean have all worked harder than Scout).

What I do not understand about this edition -- actually, there's a lot I don't understand about this edition, but this point in particular gets me -- WHAT is with discussing "secret strategy" and alliances practically in full view of the very people you're planning on screwing over? Last night was Chris & Eliza yapping away only to turn around and find Twila standing right there (which was hysterical), but variations of this same thing have been going on all season. They stand like 4 feet away from the people they're plotting against and hardly even bother to lower their voices. Whatever happened to taking a walk somewhere? Of course, given the overall low level of play this time around, why should I be surprised by anything?

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I really don't like this final four. Can't say that I want any of them to win a million dollars! But I find myself rooting for Eliza of all people...someone I couldn't stand early on.

guinevere

Final Flight
I thought last night was a great episode. This season finally got interesting once they got to the jury phase!

I was convinced that Twila would be sent packing, but I was so glad that Julie was voted out. To answer Jeff's question, I thought *she* was the least deserving of the final 5 to be there.

I had been starting to come around to Eliza, but now I want her to go next. Last night they really showed her running her mouth all the time and being petulant like in the beginning of the game. And the look on her face when Chris' vote was read was hysterical.

Chris has turned out to be one shrewd player. His only obstacle to winning the million is winning final immunity. I mean, if the women are smart, they'll band together and vote him off next, but I think there's way too much bad blood between them for that now. But Chris will win in the final 2 against any of the 3 remaining. A slam-dunk 6-1 vote if he goes against Scout or Twila (with whichever of them isn't in the F2 being their only vote), and I think a 4-3 split against Eliza (Sarge, Chad, Scout and Twila). It's a no-brainer that he chose to vote out Julie - she was the only one who could have beaten him (she would have gotten Leann, Ami & Eliza for sure, and I could see Scout and/or Twila voting for Julie depending on the circumstances of their ouster).

Twila's recent propensity for pissing off her tribe makes her the ideal person to take to the final 2. Can you imagine the final question showdown with Ami?

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
SPOILER (if you haven't seen the results yet)

JonnyCoop said:
While I agree with that (and have even said it in my last post), I'm starting to think that maybe he DOES deserve to win for that very reason. When you consider all the aligning and all the scrambling he's had to do, especially over the last several weeks, to even stay in this thing -- from that perspective, he's certainly IMO worked a lot harder than Twila or Eliza. (The sea slugs in the ocean have all worked harder than Scout).

:rofl: about Scout. I was hoping that it would be Eliza and Chris in the final 2. I was going back and forth who should win. Although I'm still angry about the Fat 5 voting out all the younger men, I do think Chris deserved to win. What an emotional tribal council. I hate Sarge - he made no sense at all. I must say that Chris is the most unattractive Survivor winner ever :yes:

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

guinevere

Final Flight
So, another Survivor has come and gone.

I was pretty certain that Chris would win, and I knew it would be decisive if he went up against Twila, but I am surprised about the way the finale panned out.

It was absolutely the right thing for Chris to vote out Eliza, but the way he did it, he seriously risked alientating her vote (and adding to the bad feelings from women on the jury about how he voted out Julie). After this, I was thinking that he would have a much better chance in the final 2 against Scout than Twila. Only Twila would vote for Scout, I'm still convinced, but by flagrantly stabbing his 2 closest alliance partners in the back so close to the end, Chris really lost the advantage over Twila in terms of behaviour. I mean, at least she was upfront about everything, you know? If members of the jury were mad enough at Chris, they could have started looking at Twila's strategy as being upfront, and therefore more respectable. So I was shocked when Chris chose Twila. Yes, he still won, but it was a riskier choice, IMO.

In the end, I'm disappointed. I thought Twila played a very good game, and I thought she answered the jury's questions better than Chris did. Unfortunately, the final Tribal Council seems to be losing all its relevance, as each season the majority of the jury seems to have made up their mind long before they show up to vote. Even answering Eliza - by refusing to apologize Twila definitely didn't earn Eliza's vote, but I don't think there's ANYTHING Twila could have done to get Eliza to vote for her, and the way T responded was very true to herself and consistent with the way she played the game. (Plus, Eliza DID talk too much!). And twice, Chris responded to a juror's question by pointing out that the moment that changed the end of the game (Leann getting voted out) was TWILA's idea, and he simply latched onto the opportunity. Normally, pointing out that you opponent was the better strategist isn't a good idea at the final Tribal Council, but the only person who seemed to even be listening to the answers at the TC was Ami.

And what was up with Lea's question? As soon as he said he was "99%" voting for Twila, I was like, whatever. His whole speech was just lame beyond belief.

But, I don't want to take away from Chris' accomplishments. He did play extremely well, and I can't get too upset that he won. I would strongly disagree with Chad's assessment that he was the best player in Survivor history (*cough* RichTinaBrian*cough*), but he played hard from the beginning and played well enough to compensate for any squashed feelings he caused along the way. Congratulations, Chris! And Congratulations, Twila, for making it to the F2!

And Eliza, you really do need to grow up.

I was disgusted with how it played out. No wonder men never take women seriously. As soon as a smooth-talking, aw shucks, man comes on the scene, so much for the "women's alliance." All of the women except the two lesbians fell all over themselves to please Chris.

Meanwhile, the men said from day one that they would not allow a woman to win, and they stuck to it unanimously.

Eliza and Julie will be treated like that by men all their lives, and they will never figure out why. :mad:

MM

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
guinevere said:
Normally, pointing out that you opponent was the better strategist isn't a good idea at the final Tribal Council, but the only person who seemed to even be listening to the answers at the TC was Ami.

I agree, but it certainly kept up the overall Stupid Logic and Bizarre Strategy themes that were pretty much ruling this entire edition. I am not sorry to see this one over with at all.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mathman said:
I was disgusted with how it played out. No wonder men never take women seriously. As soon as a smooth-talking, aw shucks, man comes on the scene, so much for the "women's alliance." All of the women except the two lesbians fell all over themselves to please Chris.

Meanwhile, the men said from day one that they would not allow a woman to win, and they stuck to it unanimously.

Eliza and Julie will be treated like that by men all their lives, and they will never figure out why. :mad:

MM
Math, I was totally disappointed in Chris winning :mad: :mad: because I wanted Twila to win. :) I loved Twila. I was so disappointed in how the women voted. :sheesh: The only one that I thought was intelligent was Ami, and I didn't like her at all but she understood Twila at the end. At least you knew where you stood with Twila and I would rather have that than some sugar coated answer.

Dee

mike79

On the Ice
Chris deserved to win because he played the best game out there. He did what he needed to do, while Twila did herself in. People can talk about morals and whatever else; the bottom line is that we don't know what we would do if we were in the same position as these people. Chris lied, Twila lied, they all lied at one point or another.

I'm already looking forward to the next season in Palau. With twenty people there should be a few shows with more than one person voted off.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Once Chris won the immunity I realized he had the votes locked up. The men all considered themselves friends of Chris & young women always believe anything a man tells them. The only ones who seemed to be wary of Chris were Scout, Twila & surprisingly, Ami. I was disgusted by Sarge but Scout really rose in my eyes with her "sanctimonious" speech & also, for calling Chris the biggest bs -er on the show. If I were his fiancee I'd be worried about ever believing him.

mike79

On the Ice
merrywidow said:
Once Chris won the immunity I realized he had the votes locked up. The men all considered themselves friends of Chris & young women always believe anything a man tells them. The only ones who seemed to be wary of Chris were Scout, Twila & surprisingly, Ami. I was disgusted by Sarge but Scout really rose in my eyes with her "sanctimonious" speech & also, for calling Chris the biggest bs -er on the show. If I were his fiancee I'd be worried about ever believing him.

Why would you be worried? Yes, he's a good liar, but remember that he was lying in a completely different setting, i.e. Survivor. These were people that he needed to know for 39 days; he didn't have to associate with them beyond the show.

Scout was a joke. She was right about people being self-righteous, but she was, as Chris pointed out, as a big a B-S'er as he was. If Scout had won this season would have been the worst ever.

I disagree about Scout. She was obviously the weakest person in the show physically. On many challenges she was simply unable to do it. Yet she made it to the final three by playing smart. She must have done something right.

I thought the final imunity challenge -- holding a drawn bow -- unfairly favored a man over the women.

About millionaire Chris and his fiance, anyone taking bets about whether he'll be moving on to greener pastures, LOL?

Mathman

guinevere

Final Flight
I read somewhere (I think on realitynewsonline.com) that one of the main reasons Scout was never even in danger of being voted off was because she was a master outdoorswoman, and no one wanted to lose her wilderness skills.

I agree about the final challenge favoring a man, but 1) every other season (except Thailand) the final challenge has favored women, and 2) Twila is used to physical labor in the hot sun, so, of any women in the game, she was the most likely to be able to overcome the upper body strength advantage. I'm also convinced that the powers that be really wanted a guy to win this time, so it didn't surprise me at all that the challenge favored Chris.

The only disappointment I had about the challenge is that initially I thought it would have something to do with actually shooting arrows. Scout did extremely well in the team challenge involving shooting rocks at plates, so I almost thought she was going to get a chance to completely upset the game! Almost.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mathman said:
About millionaire Chris and his fiance, anyone taking bets about whether he'll be moving on to greener pastures, LOL?Mathman
Math, I totally agree with you. Chris should have been gone the first night and I will continue to think that. I guess you have to pull out all the guns to be in the final 2 or 3 in Survivor but if lying is not what you normally do, wouldn't you have some remorse over those that trusted you and you lied to? I didn't sense that in Chris at all.

Yes, Math if I were his fiance, I would take a second look at him.

The final challenge should have been on a balance beam. :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

merrywidow

Record Breaker
mike79 said:
Why would you be worried? Yes, he's a good liar, but remember that he was lying in a completely different setting, i.e. Survivor. These were people that he needed to know for 39 days; he didn't have to associate with them beyond the show.

Scout was a joke. She was right about people being self-righteous, but she was, as Chris pointed out, as a big a B-S'er as he was. If Scout had won this season would have been the worst ever.

Why would I be worried if I were his fiancee? You don't become such a proficient liar as Chris was without a lot of previous practice & experience. He'll continue to lie to gullible women & who's more gullible than a woman in love?