Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Survivor Vanuatu

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyCoop
    [Plus I'm extra annoyed because Brady was hot!! :D Not that you'd especially have to be to be the best looking one in THAT bunch anyway....]
    Jonny - I so agree with you!!! John K is the only one left to look at of the men. I was kind of hoping for something radical, like voting Sarge out - what kind of leader is he anyway?!?!?!? I knew that he would still keep Rory around - even though he can't stand him. It's the same kind of mentality that Rudy had - 'I'm a man of my word and I'm not going to go back on it'. I'm sorry, but what good have Chris and Bubba been??? Don't get me started on Rory - his idea of fishing is to go skipping on the rocks???? And even though he's been quiet, Chad has been just as stupid for sticking with the Fat Five (on The Early Show, John P said that they called that alliance the Fab Five, but then later changed it to the Fat Five). Then again, I think Chad is physically the strongest in the alliance - definitely stronger than Bubba, Chris, and Rory.

On another note, did anyone notice that Twila's hair was braided? I wonder who did it for her - Ami?

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    I am really enjoying this Survivor show and thinking the women are really strong. I like the way they show respect for Scout. They aren't ousting her because she's older but quite the contrary. They made her chief.

Bubba got his upcomings by thinking he could get away with his lack of respect for his own tribe. Bye, bye Bubba. Ami is quite the gal but I wonder how long she will last though.

Today I like John, I hope they keep him around. I also hope the women don't listen to Rory's pathetic pleading.

Dee

Has everyone given up on this thread!! Anyhow, I am enjoying this Survivor moreso than the All Stars. Ami seems to be worming her way as leader, I wonder what she is going to do with Scout.

Poor Rory, I felt kind of sorry for him. I still don't understand why they picked him to get rid of. I understand the women are picking the guys off but isn't Sarge more of threat.

Dee

I'm not totally sure why they went for Rory instead of Sarge either - maybe Twila and Julie were more reluctant to vote off their recent tribemates right off the bat? Well, Twila anyway - she seems to have a pretty good friendship with Lea. Also, the ladies know where Sarge stands, while Rory was maybe more of a question mark for them, so they wanted to get him out of the equation before he could do any damage.

Ami has been running the show on the women's side for the whole game. I'm afraid that it will bring her downfall sooner than later. I think she'll be the first woman to get voted off, unless she can win immunity when there are only women left in the game.

This is not the best season of Survivor, but it's definitely better than All-Stars. Then again, I think the only season worse than All-Stars is S3: Africa!

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    Well, when you do things like threaten to go on a work strike if you're gonna get voted off, threaten to burn down the camp if you're gonna get voted off, then strut around thinking like you're King of the Universe just because you can break ceramic tiles with a slingshot, it tends to get on people's nerves. I'm glad Rory's gone; he was really irritating.

I too think this is a rather lame Survivor edition overall; this is 2 in a row now. All-Stars was a good idea on paper that just didn't pan out, and this one started out promising but has been marred by too much stupid behavior and bad strategy. And like Africa, the list of people I want outa there gets longer every week. At this point, the only people left I like at all are Chad and Leanne.

Interesting episode. Scout is really getting on my nerves!! I hope she doesn't sing anymore. Can anyone tell me why Chris voted for Sarge???

Dee

Chris must have known that they didn't have the numbers to overthrow the grrl alliance, so he was trying to show the ladeis that he's with them, not against them - hoping to buy a couple of extra days.

OMG, what what up with Sarge going on about how Twila would have voted with the men if Julie hadn't lied to her? And Twila then going on...and on...and on...about how she likes the men better and certainly would have voted that way, etc etc. When they didn't show any votes at first I thought all the ladies had decided to give Twila the boot - until I saw Chris voting for Sarge. Arggh - Twila is one of the few people I like, and she just gave the ladies a huge reason to boot her butt asap. Sigh.

Eliza - Shut. Up. I know Scout was stupid for being so bald about her dislike for you in the reward challenge and for engaging is talk about it, but fer the love of carmen, Scout only delivered the last blow, not the first 2. With the women's alliance intact and the 'leaders' staying out of the choosing game, it doiesn't matter what woman was out of the game first.

Scout is certainly shooting herself in the foot, though.

I didn't understand why Sarge went on and on, either...I kept thinking "keep quiet", but I guess it didn't matter since he's gone. I was really hoping that Chad, Sarge, Chris, Eliza and Twila would've voted for Julie. Then go for Ami.

Eliza has been on my nerves from the beginning, but now I agree with recent previous posts...Scout is getting on my nerves!

I'm a woman but I am NOT liking the women on this Survivor! Gosh how I wish Chad and Chris could get some women on their side and get rid of Scout, Ami.....I'd even put up with Eliza if she'd gone with the men!

Oh--and the chicken wing thing....I thought that was a really LOW move that Leann and Julie brought back wings for the ladies and gave the men bones. Really LOW! These women are giving women a bad name, IMO!

I totally agree - can't stand any of the ladies. Of the men, I prefer Chad.

Overall, this season of Survivor is nowhere near the best Survivor. I'd rate it above Africa.

In love with the axel!
    Quote Originally Posted by heyang
    Overall, this season of Survivor is nowhere near the best Survivor. I'd rate it above Africa.
    ITA. I'm not rooting for anyone at all. I kind of liked Rory, but only because he was so obnoxious that he actually made me notice him. Oh well, I'm hooked anyway, and hooked I'll stay!

Quote Originally Posted by NJSk8Fan
    These women are giving women a bad name, IMO!
    I thought it was rather mean for them to bring back chicken only for the women too, but I hardly think their actions give women a bad name. When I think of other women who've been on Survivor over the years (Jerri, Amber, Sara, Jenna & Heidi immediately come to mind), it makes me appreciate this group more, even though I don't like a lot of them on an individual level.

sk8er1964,

I'm chuckling about your being hooked because of what my friend told me on Friday. I got her hooked on Apprentice last year. Her sister was visiting her on Thursday and she told her sister 'you can't talk to me while I'm watching Apprentice'. Her sister responded 'Fine, but you can't talk to me during Survivor'. Well, now both sisters are hooked on Survivor and Apprentice.

Now, I'm trying to convert her into the Amazing Race which begins Tuesday - yippee.

Custom Title
    Finally something happened that's woth talking about this season. Bye-bye Leann!

I sure hope that Chris can pull this off. While I doubt he can, it would be quite the feat. Remember back to the first episode when he talked about being able to beat the guys, but women would be harder? Talk about foreshadowing.

Hooray!

I really want to be behind the all-female alliance. Ami had been running the show this season since day one. When I hear Ami talk, I agree with a lot of what she says. I'd probably want her as a friend in the real world - she's a lot like people I know. And yet, her arrogance and refusal to consider any strategy other than the Grrl Power Team is so frustrating that I was dancing around happily when the tables were turned tonight (I even really liked Leann, too!).

I really want Twila to make it at least to the final 2. I don't have a lot of hopes for it though. Right now, I'm seeing Chris and Eliza in the final 2, and in that case, I hope to god that Chris wins. But I'd hate to see the all-female alliance survive as long as it did just to have the last man standing outsmart them all in the end. All I know is that this season just got a lot more interesting!

My husband and I were celebrating the events that happened during the last minutes of Survivor Vanuatu last night.
    Eliza's constant motor mouth has annoyed me but I've said for the past few weeks, if she'd switch her alliances to the men, I'd put up with her. I wasn't too upset that the campaigning going on was to send her home. But when Twila started talking to Chris about switching things around to vote for Leeann, I started getting excited...what a SPLENDID idea for Chris, Eliza, Twila and Scout to vote for Leeann!
    When the votes were revealed and Leeann was voted out, I shouted "YES" so loud it strained my throat! I think that was the best tribal council out of all the triabal councils of all the seasons. The look of shock on Ami's face was priceless! I hope somehow she goes home next week.
    I imagine Ami and Julie will think Chris was behind that twist and they will campaign to send him home. I hope he wins immunity next week.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast