Thread: Stephane Lambiel out of GP

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Stephane Lambiel out of GP

According to his website, Stephane has the same knee problem as Plushenko. Stephane is having surgery and has been ordered to rest two months before he begins to train, by then the season will be over. However he could train for Euro's and Worlds. This guy is one of my favorites right now but has yet to produce some consistancy. I wish him a speedy recovery and success in the upcoming year.

Thanks Master B for the info that he will have surgery. This poor talented kid has had the problem for quite some time. I was afraid he was going the way of another favorite of mine, Sasha Abt.

Let's hope the surgery goes well and he should listen to the doctors. No skating until they say so. I know of too many athletes that rush back after surgery and whamo, there gone forever, I think Yags came back to quickly.

Joe

Custom Title
    He did the right thing. If he made a fully recover from the surgery. Who knows he could be a next OGM. But one can always hope. I love his skating, such a natural dancing skater.

Custom Title
    Thanks for the info! I´m extremely glad that Lambiel did the sensible thing by having a surgery and a rest now. This was the very best time to do it and not to play with chances in the Olympic season...

Marjaana

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana
    Thanks for the info! I´m extremely glad that Lambiel did the sensible thing by having a surgery and a rest now. This was the very best time to do it and not to play with chances in the Olympic season...

Marjaana

Now if only Plushenko had enough sense to do the same thing.

Custom Title
    Lambiel seems to have more sense than Plushenko. I am extremely concerned that EP is not letting his injured knee rest and is not going for surgery. Of course I am not a doctor and I have not examined his knee, but most athletes seem to go for surgery before an injury becomes even more serious. I hope Lambiel can come back from the surgery stronger.

Vash