The End of an Era | Golden Skate

The End of an Era

L

Ladskater

The End of an Era

I was just thinking we Canadians have become quite spoiled and accustomed to having talented skaters like: Toller; Karen Magnussen; Kurt Browning; Elvis Stojko; Brian Orser and Barb Underhill and Paul Martini; Sale and Pelletier; Bourne and Kraatz (just to name a few!). Now they have all moved on and our team has to start rebuilding again. It's been quite an era indeed. So far, no one has really "stepped up to the plate" to take their places. Emanuel has been up and down and Jeff has made an impression on the world scene, but still has some work to do. Our pairs and dance teams have some great prospects, but need some experience too. Of course, the ladies is still "a work in progress." I would love to see another Karen Magnussen burst on the scene. Oh well, next season should be interesting for the new skaters. "Thanks" to all our great champions for all their years of hard work and dedication, I wish them all the best now and in the years to come. They will be and are all ready missed.

Ladskater

K

KwanFan1212

Re: The End of an Era

Great post Lad. ITA! :D Let's see what the Canadian skaters can do this year. I think they can still be a strong presence. They really have no pressure at all as they don't have to really defend anything, so hopefully they skate free and with a lot of joy and can make a huge impact this year. Especially Bella & Patch!! :D

L

Ladskater

KwanFan1212 :

Go Team, go! There will be many new faces and names for us to get used to but before you know it we will be talking about them like they have been around forever.

Thanks for the encouraging words.

Ladskater

K

KwanFan1212

No problem. :D I have always had a soft spot in my heart for my Canadian skaters and I am very thankful that I finally got to actually see three of my fave Canadians skate this year, multiple times! (J&D and Kurt) I think I am a bit Canadian at heart.....which is not a bad thing at all!! 'O Canada...' :rollin: :cool: ;) :D :p :lol: