Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I saw Halloween decorations up last Monday

What's not to like about Halloween? Oh! to see the luminaria shining on the foddershocks...

NO MATHMAN...can't have the luminaria near the foddershocks.....fire hazard, LOL!

With all due respect to Halloween decorating appearing so early, I have the same reaction when I see ads for "Back-to-School" clothing in early July. While I realize that there are many parts of the USA where kids are back in school by mid-August, this is just hard to take (I'm an elementary school teacher) . I mean let's try to enjoy what summertime there is before it inevitably slips away. :(

Our town is goofy. It always holds trick-or-treat the Sunday closest to Halloween, from 1-3 pm. We haven't had night TOT hours since the 1980s.

There's been lots of complaints over it, because truckloads of kids from other towns would come in and people were getting as many as 300 trick-or-treaters.

At least the new Mayor want to return it to night hours on Halloween.

When I was in school we had Halloween parties and got to wear costumes and parade around to other classes. It was so much fun! Now it has been banned and you can't even have drawings of carved pumpkins or say the word "Halloween" or you could get in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Piel
    I
    You allowed his mother to bawl you out???
    Yep. I saw a goofy ad for condoms(we were just casually dating and not at all sexually active) and i mailed it to him. His mom opened the letter and was enraged beyond belief. She thought I was a *****, ****, lowlife scumbag who had no business talking to her son.

I bet a European mom would never have a fit over something like that!

And she had no business opening the mail of her 19-year-old son!

Quote Originally Posted by Johar

Now it has been banned and you can't even have drawings of carved pumpkins or say the word "Halloween" or you could get in trouble.
    Is this in public school? Our public schools still allow Halloween parties. The kids get to parade around the block.

So how did the boyfriend react to Mama opening his mail?

Yes, it's a public school. They call the seanson "Fall Festival."

The boy cowered to his mom. He listened to her and not me. She was so angry that two of his friends came over the night she opened the mail. They came separately, but showed up at the same time. It wasn't planned. Anyhow, they told me I was in "Big Trouble." Then they told me what happened. After that, they warned me to never ever call out there again, send him mail or even go by the house. They said she "wanted my head on a platter." They felt really badly for me but didn't want to accidentally cross her path, as it wouldn't have been a pretty site. That's why they warned me. They knew I was sensitive and didn't want to see me get hurt.

As far as I know, 11 years later she still has a grudge, all over a harmless add! But they say she is the type to hold lifelong grudges over trivial issues.

Was his mom over-reacting? He was 19, almost 20. Isn't that too old to be opening mail addressed to your son?

IMO she had no business opening his mail. Personally I would have given you bonus points for at least thinking about condoms, LOL.. There will always be moms who think that evil girls/women are out to corrupt their little boys. You are probably better off without him. I dated a guy once who's mother hated me just because I wasn't his ex-wife........he was 42 at the time . The ex, kids, and I got along fine. When the mother died I sent flowers just because I knew it would p*** her off.. :o :o :o

Since I mentioned flowers and the thread is about decorating that makes us still on topic. :D

His buddies defended me, but she said stuff such as only a sicko would send a condom add.

She also said I was trying to corrupt her child. Uh, wasn't sexually acive, didn't smoke and only drank alcohol about three times a year. A few months later she was telling his buds how much better her son's life was since I was out of it. Yikes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2