I saw Halloween decorations up last Monday | Page 2 | Golden Skate

I saw Halloween decorations up last Monday

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Johar said:
Now it has been banned and you can't even have drawings of carved pumpkins or say the word "Halloween" or you could get in trouble.

Is this in public school? Our public schools still allow Halloween parties. The kids get to parade around the block.

So how did the boyfriend react to Mama opening his mail?

Johar

Medalist
Yes, it's a public school. They call the seanson "Fall Festival."

The boy cowered to his mom. He listened to her and not me. She was so angry that two of his friends came over the night she opened the mail. They came separately, but showed up at the same time. It wasn't planned. Anyhow, they told me I was in "Big Trouble." Then they told me what happened. After that, they warned me to never ever call out there again, send him mail or even go by the house. They said she "wanted my head on a platter." They felt really badly for me but didn't want to accidentally cross her path, as it wouldn't have been a pretty site. That's why they warned me. They knew I was sensitive and didn't want to see me get hurt.

As far as I know, 11 years later she still has a grudge, all over a harmless add! But they say she is the type to hold lifelong grudges over trivial issues.

Was his mom over-reacting? He was 19, almost 20. Isn't that too old to be opening mail addressed to your son?

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
IMO she had no business opening his mail. Personally I would have given you bonus points for at least thinking about condoms, LOL.. There will always be moms who think that evil girls/women are out to corrupt their little boys. ;) You are probably better off without him. I dated a guy once who's mother hated me just because I wasn't his ex-wife........he was 42 at the time :eek:. The ex, kids, and I got along fine. When the mother died I sent flowers just because I knew it would p*** her off.. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Since I mentioned flowers and the thread is about decorating that makes us still on topic. :D

Johar

Medalist
His buddies defended me, but she said stuff such as only a sicko would send a condom add.

She also said I was trying to corrupt her child. Uh, wasn't sexually acive, didn't smoke and only drank alcohol about three times a year. A few months later she was telling his buds how much better her son's life was since I was out of it. Yikes.