Anna Pogorilaya and her back issues | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Anna Pogorilaya and her back issues

Alifyre

On the Ice
I was really saddened to see Anna skate at Skate Canada. It really seemed like she was injured, not fully trained and somewhat timid, cautious and hesitant. She was not able to skate with reckless abandon and power. her body has also changed; I am not sure if that is also an issue. Still I am sad to see this; is there time for her to get it together? Is she still a teenager?

She's 19, so she's still young (although not so much by skating standards). Her jumps survived puberty, and if her short program from SC is any indication she still has them when she feels strong. However, back injuries are probably the worst thing you could have for an athlete. Obviously I didn't have access to world-class physical therapy like Anna will, but a back injury ended my athletic career at 15. I really hope, for her sake, that this is something fixable, because she's still young and has several years left possible in her career. But if not, she can still always go pro and perform a less jump-heavy style of skating, as she is beloved by audiences around the world.

ask

Match Penalty
I was really saddened to see Anna skate at Skate Canada. It really seemed like she was injured, not fully trained and somewhat timid, cautious and hesitant. She was not able to skate with reckless abandon and power. her body has also changed; I am not sure if that is also an issue. Still I am sad to see this; is there time for her to get it together? Is she still a teenager?

Reckless abandon is what got her.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
i hope this is not another angelic krylova story. There was a beautiful ice dancer and partner with Oksianikov and could have won olympic gold but for her back.