Sylvia Fontana
Katie Orscher & Garrett Lucash
Kimmie Meissner

Special musical guest: LeAnn Rimes

Date: Saturday, November 6, 2004
http://gundarena.com//publish/events/event_173.html

More details at:

http://www.clevelandclinic.org/cancer/scottcares/gala/

Looking forward to many reviews and lots of photos...

Marjaana

Last edited:
That is some cast!!! :love: It make me want to rush off to Cleveland. It's been a while since I've seen these skaters except in re-runs. Kimmie, Katie and Garret are eligible skaters. I think this gig will put them in good company and give them a boost in their competitive goals.

Any news of a TV showing?

Didn't we read somewhere that Summers offically retired from skating?

Joe

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Joe, unfortunately I have understood that this charity show (CARES) Scott&Friends has never been televised. Not long ago there was two Scott& Friends events and the other one was shown on TV.

It would be great, Joe, if you could go!

I was glad to see that Kimmie Meissner will appear here too... She is very much being pushed forward, so to speak. About Rosalynn Sumners, I think that she probably is appearing here because of being a long time friend with Scott and naturally because of the good charity cause. Or maybe she just meant touring, LOL?

BTW, some of the skaters (Kristi, Ilia, Kurt and Rosalynn) are appearing in Kristi Yamaguchi Salute to American Music in Hershey PA on 5th of November

http://www.dissonskating.com/our_events/kristi.htm

and next day, 6th of November, in this Scott & Friends charity show.

Marjaana

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
last year Scott's show was televised... so we'll see

in fact last season's show can also be bought on DVD...

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Tonichelle said:

Are you sure about that? Where can it be boutght, please? Here I don´t see any mentioning about that:

http://www.clevelandclinic.org/cancer/scottcares/gala/gala2003.htm

I don´t know about past year (did not follow the event then), but in 2002 there were two different Scott & Friends shows. This charity event was not broadcasted like the other event.

Anyway, I would be extremely glad if this year´s event would be broadcasted...

Marjaana

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I wish they would televise An Evening of Championship Skating. They used to have an hour of it on PBS but I emailed the station and they said PBS didn't do it any more, that someone else does but they didn't know who. It hasn't been on here for several years. Usually, Paul Wylie was the host.

PAskate

On the Ice
Tonichelle said:

Actually the Cleveland show was not televised, the commercial date was the one taped and telecasted. As someone else mentioned, the Cleveland show is a benefit for CARES. In the past there were 2 dates - one in Cleveland as a high profile charity event with associated dinner for select benefactors and a second date sold and telecast as a "normal" skating show.

FYI - for anyone thinking of going, the tickets are being handled differently this year. There are 3 classes of seats - general public, IMG/Cleveland Clinic employees, and cancer survivors. The last two get preferred seating - I tried booking through Ticketmaster for each and the last two come up with the same seats for the same price range and are in better locations that the general public. While I applaud the concept of recognizing cancer survivors, I don't think that it is anyone's business other than my own about whether or not, I am a cancer survivor. :confused:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
while it wasn't the Cleavland Charity show it was a second show for the same thing... it was for Scott Cares....

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Tonichelle said:
while it wasn't the Cleavland Charity show it was a second show for the same thing... it was for Scott Cares....

It was not the same show with same skaters, although my guess is that most were. Also I think there was not the same musical guest either or was it Feinstein in both shows? The one that was televised was Disson´s Scott & Friends shows.

Marjaana