Who does the best spread eagles? | Golden Skate

Who does the best spread eagles?

Vash01

Medalist
Spread eagles is one of my favorite moves in figure skating.

I was going to make this a poll but I will make this just a discussion thread because I don't want to have to put men and ladies on the same poll.

Among men, I would say Brian Boitano has the best outside spread eagles. Nobody comes even close.

For the inside spread eagles I nominate Paul Wylie among men.

Among women I love Elena Berezhnaya's inside spread eagles. Oksana Baiul did them well. I can't think of a lady who has truly great outside spread eagles, but may be someone can help me...... I think Shizuka's are good but not great.

Looks like I have to watch some of my tapes to add to this list, but at least this is a start.

Vash

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Paul Wylie also had outstanding spread eagles. They added so much to the endings of his programs. As for the ladies...hmmm, that is a tough one. No one really stands out. Sasha has a nice spread eagle, and Katarina Witt did a a very effective one in her "Carmen" LP from 88.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Hands down Paul Wylie, with Brian a close second..........I don't think any of the ladies come close to the men. Must be their "body design". Sasha has a pleasing one, but that's about it for the ladies.......42

Vash01

Medalist
Elena Berezhnaya does beautiful inside spread eagles. Her outside spread eagles are about average among the top ladies.

mpal2

Final Flight
Have to agree with all the men, but don't forget Jeff Buttle. I always look forward to seeing the spread eagle.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I was very impressed by Ilia Kulik´s spead eagle combined with a huuuge triple axel.

rain

Record Breaker
Boitano, Wylie, Browning, Buttle, Sandhu all have great spread eagles. I love this move too.

soogar

Record Breaker
Ladies: Peggy Fleming (she's famous for the spead eagle into the double axel and then another spread eagle)
Men: Brian Boitano and Paul Wylie. I actually think Paul's was better b/c he held it longer and seemed to have more speed and drama into his.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
It has to be the king of blade control - Kurt Browning!

diamondqueen

On the Ice
Who does the best speard eagle

Men:
No one does it better then Brian Boitano.

Ladies:
Peggy Fleming and Michelle Kwan, both are exquiste.

diamond :)