Which lady will win Campbell's this year? | Golden Skate

Which lady will win Campbell's this year?

Who, among ladies, will win Campbell's this year?

• Michelle Kwan

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Sasha Cohen

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Miki Ando

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Shizuka Arakawa

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vash01

Medalist
Campbell's is the first competition of the year. Who, among ladies, will win it?

Ximena

Final Flight
I think it's safe to say that it would be between Michelle, Sasha and Shizuka, hmm Sasha posted something on her journal (can't recall correctly) but I think she was not going to present her new program until SA or SC (don't know which are her GP). If the three of them present their last year program, I think Michelle can win, but if Sasha presents her last year program and Michelle and Shizuka present their new one, I would go for Shizuka because I do think her R&J would be really beautiful.
I don't know why but I don't think Shizuka is planning on showing us her 3-3 or her 3-3-2 on Campbells.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I went with Michelle. No special reason............yeah, just because she's Michelle....... :D 42

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
and don't forget Julia Sebastyen.

Joe
After the outstanding SP she skated at Worlds and to be placed under Kwan's SP by the judges, I don't think Sebestyen would be given the title if she landed quads.

Vash01

Medalist
Joesitz said:
and don't forget Julia Sebastyen.

Joe
Julia's very respectable LP was placed BELOW Carolina's awful LP at the 2004 worlds. I don't see the judges placing her higher than Michelle, Sasha, and Shizuka (and possibly Miki unless Miki falls apart). I am not sure what Julia has to do to get the judges give her the marks she deserves.

Germanice

On the Ice
Shizuka of course! She's the Empress of figure skating! :) Btw., is there female term for "Tenno" (the Japanese emperor)?

Anke

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I voted for Sasha to win as I´ve gotten the impression of her being rather successful in early events. Of course I would be very happy for e.g. Shizuka´s win..., but this is a cheesefest in USA, and if at all close, surely an American lady skater will win, LOL.

Vash01 said:
Julia's very respectable LP was placed BELOW Carolina's awful LP at the 2004 worlds. I don't see the judges placing her higher than Michelle, Sasha, and Shizuka (and possibly Miki unless Miki falls apart). I am not sure what Julia has to do to get the judges give her the marks she deserves.

I think under favourable circumstances for her she might be placed above Miki. About Julia I would also say that something is lacking in her skating, personality or charm, perhaps?

Marjaana

Last edited:
Jaana said:
About Julia I would also say that something is lacking in her skating, personality or charm, perhaps?Marjaana

ITA. She is an excellent skater but must learn how to project. When she takes to the ice there should be an anticipation of Julia Sebestyan is on the ice. I don't see that, yet I think she is top six in the world.

Joe

euterpe

Medalist
Julia holds back much the way Sarah Hughes did. She's very introspective about her skating and doesn't have any connection with the audience.

It's Julia on the ice, not Julia in command of the ice.