The History Channel and The Unicorn Killer | Golden Skate

The History Channel and The Unicorn Killer

mpal2

Final Flight
I was watching the history channel this morning and they had a couple shows on infamous murders. One of the episodes dealt specifically with bodies stuffed in trunks.

The last one mentioned was the Unicorn killer that fled to France.

My first problem is that they showed a clip of a Frenchman protesting the extradition back to the US. He was quoted as saying the Unicorn killer only killed one person and it wasn't like he was the Unabomber. :confused: :eek: What???? Apparently it's ok if you only kill one person. I just don't understand how that can be a ringing character endorsement.

My second problem is how the history channel protrayed France. They made the French look worse than they really were. From what I understand, the only reason why the extradition didn't happen when the French arrested him was because of the extradition laws. The actual treaty between the US and France had to be changed before he could be legally extradited.

They showed a clip of French authorities laughing and joking around with the killer and they also showed the news clip of the idiot mentioned above. I'm sure the French authorities weren't too thrilled about having a murderer loose in their country and I'm sure that you could find just as many US idiots that would act the same way as the French personnel shown. It just seems like the history channel went out of their way to make France look bad. Bad, bad editing.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
mpal2 said:
They showed a clip of French authorities laughing and joking around with the killer and they also showed the news clip of the idiot mentioned above. I'm sure the French authorities weren't too thrilled about having a murderer loose in their country and I'm sure that you could find just as many US idiots that would act the same way as the French personnel shown. It just seems like the history channel went out of their way to make France look bad. Bad, bad editing.

Private No Class Lyndie England and friends comes to mind.

mpal2

Final Flight
Pardon my ignorance, but the name isn't connecting with anything specific right now. Who is Lyndie England? I'll probably remember once you tell me, but my brain stopped working. :laugh:

mpal2

Final Flight
Thanks Piel,

I didn't connect the name with the crime, but you are right. A good example of stupidity/ignorance, etc.

BTW, thanks for the link to the site. That looks like an interesting one.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
I watched a special on Ira Einhorn many years ago and was very upset by it. The fiance he murdered was so beautiful, and to think that he stuffed her in a trunk and left her there for years is unimaginable! BTW, I thought they finally did extradite him. I seem to remember news of his "capture" about 1-2 years ago. I hope he gets life in prison. He was some sort of hippy guru promoting peace and love...all the while the battered, lifeless body of the fiance he brutally murdered lay decaying in a trunk. What a twisted freak!

mpal2

Final Flight
Yes he was extradited somewhere around 94-96 if I remember the special correctly. It was just sickening watching the actual news footage of him. He acted like the French didn't send him back to the States because they were on his side instead of it being a legal issue. He was completely deluded and expected everyone else to join in the delusion.

BTW, he got married while he was overseas. I'm not sure how I can understand living with a murderer and defending his innocence.

The murdered girl was found in his apartment, his closet and his trunk. She had been there for 18 months. What possible excuse can explain that scenario?