Arakawa's R & J Costume | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Arakawa's R & J Costume

Eeyora

Final Flight
I agree definitely looks more Aladdin. It does not go with the character at all. It reminds me of a Halloween costume of Cleopatra at a party supply store. The only thing I like is the detail of the neck.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
does not go with the character at all. It reminds me of a Halloween costume of Cleopatra at a party supply store

LOL...or "Arabian Princess" from one of those generic Halloween costume magazines. Shizuka is too pretty for something so busy. I prefer her in something a bit more simple. But, I have a feeling she will not keep this dress.

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
when i saw that costume, i thought of this...

strawberry cake

but I guess those who say she looks like costume are right...

and here I was thinking that even though Tarasova has had questionable choices for men's costumes, her women's costumes were always beautiful...

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Oh my, the costume has the look of cake decorations, LOL. Not a good idea at all.

Marjaana

guinevere

Final Flight
I'm disappointed - I thought the costume would be bad in a super voidy way, but instead it looks like she stole AP's costume before McDonough's mom finished adding on 5 million trillion sequins.

That being said, it's hardly the worst costume I've ever seen :laugh:

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
guinevere said:
I'm disappointed - I thought the costume would be bad in a super voidy way, but instead it looks like she stole AP's costume before McDonough's mom finished adding on 5 million trillion sequins.

That being said, it's hardly the worst costume I've ever seen :laugh:

I don't know which costume is worse...that one, or this one (I like both skaters' skating, btw)
costume

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Okay, I realize that I'm in the minority here--actually, it looks like I'm at a party of one--but I don't think it's nearly as hideous as her techno swan outfit. :p :eek: I think it fits the R&J theme. :D

FYI, I showed it to Mr. RG, who considers SA his second favorite skater (Sasha being #1) and he said, "She's beautiful no matter what she wears, and I think it's appropriate for 'Romeo and Juliet.' " :love:

He also pointed out that there are a few Russian male skaters who've worn similar costumes--with THAT he'd have a problem! :D :laugh:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Costume advice....

I am now imagining myself interviewing SA after World's last year.....

Me: SA, you had a beautiful skate, but why was there something less than "coverage" on the backside of your costume?

SA: Someone told me "less is more" when it comes to costumes and my lovely skating style.

Me: So what drove your decision to dramatically change your costume this year?

SA: Someone told me after World's last year that in some cases, "less is NOT more!"

Me: We may have a language barrier. Go with MORE on the bottom and LESS of the sequins, fluff and armbands on the rest of the costume.

DG