What "cheats" will you be looking for this season? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

What "cheats" will you be looking for this season?

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Gee, for a minute here I thought I had slipped onto another skating board by mistake. (Won't mention which one..... :D )

If they cheat it, they cheat it. 90% of the time, I don't even notice. And for that I am very grateful, because it would completely mar the enjoyment of the program if I'm going to sit there for 4 1/2 minutes and try to find all the errors I can possibly find. All I ask of anyone is that they stay on their feet, keep the stumbling down to a bare minimum, and have at least some semblance of artistry and music sense. Anything beyond that is for the judges to worry about.

JonnyCoop said:
Gee, for a minute here I thought I had slipped onto another skating board by mistake. (Won't mention which one..... :D )

If they cheat it, they cheat it. 90% of the time, I don't even notice. And for that I am very grateful, because it would completely mar the enjoyment of the program if I'm going to sit there for 4 1/2 minutes and try to find all the errors I can possibly find. All I ask of anyone is that they stay on their feet, keep the stumbling down to a bare minimum, and have at least some semblance of artistry and music sense. Anything beyond that is for the judges to worry about.

You don't have to go to another board to read that Sarah cheats her jumps. it's difficult to mention her name without saying that. There has been recently a lenghty discussion on the Board that it's ok to 'cheat' a quarter of an air turn as long as there is flow on the landing. I am with you on the artistry bit and the flow from jumps is part of that. Many posters on many boards are quite adept at spotting errors in a routine. Not unusual and very often when I or someone else checks the remark, it is interesting for us since our interest is in the sport more than the exhibition. We leave SOI and COI for the no error artistry.

In spite of all the right to discussion on this Board, you are absolutely correct in basically wishing all the skaters to do their best.

But leaving the rest to the judges is another matter. Some of us and particularly me, do not see the judges as beyond reproach, and we do worry about that. And we like to share our views with other fans for confirmation or rejectiion.

Cheers - Joe