Josée Chouinard | Golden Skate

Josée Chouinard

IDLERACER

Medalist
Check out some of the photos I took of Josée in the cutting the track. She is still doing really well, busy as ever. She won’t be with us on tour this year though, maybe you can see from the photos why. Look closely.
She is dressed completely in black, with a black background behind her. No matter how closely you look, you can't really see anything. Anyhow, Caryn Kadavy and Tonia Kwiatkowsky have been married for quite some time now. Does anyone know if they've started reproducing yet?

S

SkateFan4Life

I always felt as though Josee Chounard had some rotten luck at the 1994 Winter Olympics. She had been scheduled to skate directly behind Tonya Harding in the long program, but as we all know, the infamous Ms. Harding neglected to have a replacement set of skate laces, and she frantically tried to fix her laces just prior to taking the ice for her long program. She started her long program, missed the triple lutz and raced over to the judges booth, with her patented "boo-boo" face, and pleaded for a reskate. The judges gave in to her pleas (perhaps they were fearful that she'd slap a lawsuit on them, as she had on the USFSA so that she could skate at the Olympics), and she was allowed to regroup and skate at the end of her flight. :mad:

Josee was not quite prepared to take the ice for her long program, but she had to do so anyway, thanks to Harding. Not that Josee was in the hunt for a medal, but she might have skated a better program, had she been precisely in the right mental mode. Being the gracious sportsman that she is, Josee did not complain or publicly show any negative feelings over this incident.

I wish Josee and her husband the best as they anticipate the arrival of their baby. :)

SkatingFan94

Rinkside
Thanks for posting this news. I've always enjoyed reading Lenny's diary entries in the past.

CONGRATULATIONS to Josee and hubby on the upcoming new baby! (she has a little tummy).

shdotz

On the Ice
Married?

I wonder if Karyn Kadavy is still married. Anyone? shdotz

IDLERACER said:

She is dressed completely in black, with a black background behind her. No matter how closely you look, you can't really see anything. Anyhow, Caryn Kadavy and Tonia Kwiatkowsky have been married for quite some time now. Does anyone know if they've started reproducing yet?