British Skaters | Golden Skate

British Skaters

SKATES010203

Spectator
How Re The Dancers Getting On This Year International?what Will Be The Results Of The Ice Dance Event At National?

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
I predict that Kerr/Kerr will win, more than edging out O'Connor/O'Dougherty, although the actual quality will be closer than the results, with the stronger of the Towler-Greene couples in 3rd by a split decision, and Humphreys/Baranov in 4th.

It is possible that the Kerrs will break top ten and earn a second spot for British Dance in 2007, but they may have to wait until 2008. If Navka/Kostomarov win the Olympics in 2006 and don't skate Worlds, and Denkova/Staviyski win Worlds in 2006, I think D/S will retire then. Who else retires I think will be based on the results over the next two years: if Grushina/Goncharov hold steady (or switch one place). I would expect them to stay in for 2007 and try for the title. If Dubreuil/Lauzon and/or Chait/Sakhnovski do not move up under CoP in the next two seasons, then I would expect them to retire in 2006; if they move up under CoP, I would expect them to stay in through 2007 for a try for the podium.

I think Wing/Lowe will not make the Canadian Worlds team, but there are several Canadian teams in the wings that could be strong competition for the Kerrs by 2007. Also, while Domnina/Shabalin might be top five by 2007, the Russian team would need an eighth-place or better finish to retain two spots. I'm not sure which team is being groomed as the third couple, but the judges' relative indifference to Kulikova/Novikov might melt away as soon as Navka/Kostomarov retire, and the Kerrs might have a challenge to hop over them.

SKATES010203

Spectator
I here that towler/poole have done reaaly well internationally,so i think there be second.With the o's in third. :)

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
SKATES010203 said:
I here that towler/poole have done reaaly well internationally,so i think there be second.With the o's in third. :)
Too bad about the O's -- I saw them compete in Malmo, and I was very impressed with the smoothness and elegance of their skating.

icenut84

Final Flight
I predict the Kerrs will win, with the O's and H&B fighting it out for silver and the second spot in Europeans. But then again, reports are that the two teams below them are also doing well, so who knows! :) Should be interesting.

floskate

On the Ice
Another vote for the Kerrs.
Ladeez will go to Jenna McCorkell naturally and Pairs - erm do we have one?
Mens should be interesting and I'm hoping Tristan can come through on this one!!!

miffy

Rinkside
I think the Kerrs will win too. I have no idea who will come second - maybe it will depend on how H/B and the O's do before Nats - they should both get international assignments. I think T-G/Poole have done really well to get a bronze and silver internationally this season, but i think that the O's could have done just as well if they had been sent to those events, so it's so hard to predict if T/G-P will really challenge for a medal at Nats. I hope they do though, & i can't wait for Nationals!

Mrs Redboots

On the Ice
Kerrs will probably win, and then it's a 3-way competition for 2nd between the Os, Towler-Greene & Poole, and Humphreys and Baranikov. Personally, I think TG & P will get 2nd, and might even just pip the Kerrs (but then, I'm biased!). :\ And, to be fair, the Kerrs have far more difficult internationals than the Towlers have had - they are doing Skate America and the Cup of Russia, so probably won't show as well.

Jenna McCorkell to win Senior Ladies and Tristram Cousins for Senior Men, I expect.