Brasseur & Eisler farewell tour??? | Golden Skate

Brasseur & Eisler farewell tour???

chania36

On the Ice
Hi, I would like to know if someone knows if they will be touring or just doing one farewell show in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada in October. I heard that they would be doing other venues. Can someone know and tell me. I heard they were going to the Bell Center in Montreal and I would like to know if they will pass through the Corel Center in Ottawa.

I just cant seem to find any sites on them. They were always very quiet on that, it was always hard to find something on them over the internet site wise. I know there used to be one site that talked about them and their management but just cant seem to find it anywhere no more maybe due to the retirement soon.

I know that a Canadian Channel will broadcast the show on TV later on but I would love to see them live. Montreal is 2 hours from my home compared of 7 or 8 from Kitchener, so if they do not come to Ottawa, I will go to them.

Loyd is from Kitchener, Ontario I believe, for sure from Ontario and around Kitchener and Isabelle is from near or Montreal, so it would be just normal if they would be doing both cities and not the others.

Usually SOI comes to Ottawa every year and when Josée Chouinard did her farewell, she came to Ottawa but at the Civic Center which is a 5,000 to 6,000 people building and the Corel Center is around 16,000 people, the Ottawa Senators are playing at the Corel Center.

So if someone has anything, anything on them regarding this issue, please let me know. I hope I posted this at the right place and if not, well maybe the person who is responsible here can transfer it and if not, well I will start another thread at the right place if needed.

Again thank you so much, you guys are so helpfull when it comes to finding out something and this is the best posting board that I know on figure skating, keep up the good work. All of you, because you do all contribute to this very good forum.

Thank you

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
chania36 said:
Hi, I would like to know if someone knows if they will be touring or just doing one farewell show in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada in October. I heard that they would be doing other venues. Can someone know and tell me. I heard they were going to the Bell Center in Montreal and I would like to know if they will pass through the Corel Center in Ottawa.

I just cant seem to find any sites on them. They were always very quiet on that, it was always hard to find something on them over the internet site wise. I know there used to be one site that talked about them and their management but just cant seem to find it anywhere no more maybe due to the retirement soon.

I know that a Canadian Channel will broadcast the show on TV later on but I would love to see them live. Montreal is 2 hours from my home compared of 7 or 8 from Kitchener, so if they do not come to Ottawa, I will go to them.

Loyd is from Kitchener, Ontario I believe, for sure from Ontario and around Kitchener and Isabelle is from near or Montreal, so it would be just normal if they would be doing both cities and not the others.

Usually SOI comes to Ottawa every year and when Josée Chouinard did her farewell, she came to Ottawa but at the Civic Center which is a 5,000 to 6,000 people building and the Corel Center is around 16,000 people, the Ottawa Senators are playing at the Corel Center.

So if someone has anything, anything on them regarding this issue, please let me know. I hope I posted this at the right place and if not, well maybe the person who is responsible here can transfer it and if not, well I will start another thread at the right place if needed.

Again thank you so much, you guys are so helpfull when it comes to finding out something and this is the best posting board that I know on figure skating, keep up the good work. All of you, because you do all contribute to this very good forum.

Thank you

One of my favorite Canadian pair teams of all time. Just brilliant in my opinion. I have seen them skate many times live and they never fail to thrill me. Always risk takers. They make pairs what it should be - exciting and entertaining. I missed their farewell tour here in Vancouver, but will always have such wonderful memories of these two both on and off the ice.

Here is site you may want to check out:

http://www.skate.org/b+e/

sweetlilnothing

Rinkside
I am going to both shows for this...in Kitchener my hometown (Lloyd is from Seaforth...but lived in Kitchener for a time) I shelled out the big bucks and I am going with 9 friends (who paid me back) and I treated my mom and her parents.

In Montreal I will be going with just one of my friends from Ottawa. I am doing these shows instead of SOI this year.

chania36

On the Ice
Hi, I thank you all of you that replied to me. I am for sure be going to see the show that they are doing in Montreal, I did not want to buy tickets right aways because I wasn't sure if they were coming to Ottawa, because Ottawa is a uge skating fan and we had the Nationals very often at the Civic Center but since the Corel Center is there now, we never had nationals there, but we did have once at the Corel Center, one world profressional championships in the years after 94 olympics, when you din't even need a tv guide to see when skating was one, because on saturday and sunday, you just had to open your tv set and you had many choices, there was figure skating all over the place, I'd love to have it back to those hold days. The years of 94 to 99 about.

I miss that world professionals in Landover that they use to do and they stopped, it was great to see all these wonderful skaters when turned professionals and show us what they were able to do, they used to get much better and greater and entertaining programs then amateurs. So I do not know why we do not have the Landover anymore, because it was the big one for the professionals, and it did changed when we had pro-am competitions on the pro circuit. So since now it is the Halmark I believe since a couple of years but it is not near what it was when it was in Landover, I remember, the professioanls all they talked about that big one, was LANDOVER.

I will for sure go see them in Montreal which is only 2 hours from my home compared to Kitchener and also will go see CSOI even if they are not into it anymore. I believe that even if times are harder for professionals these days, we have to continue on supporting them, because the amateur that we see now days on the circuit are the ones that we will see in SOI later on and if we do not support the ones in place now, we wont get to see the amateur that are the future of professional and shows. Think about that before deciding not attending your usual tour.

Last edited:

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Have a great time at the Montreal show! I am going to that as well (yes, I am flying to New England from here in Ohio and we are driving from there up to Montreal because my friends and I adore Izzy & Lloyd that much and we just love to take random skating road trips, LOL) and I can't wait to spend a weekend in Quebec. It should be a stellar, but sad, show and I am really looking foward to being able to say goodbye to those two. They don't really want to retire....right!? :cry:

And I loved the World Pros. I wish they would bring that back sometime. :(

besbiggestfan

Spectator
Does anyone know when the farewell show will be on tv? I can't seem to find it anywhere and I don't want to miss it!!!! :cry:

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Last I heard no one knows of an airdate yet though it's supposed to air on Canada's CBC sometime. And there was some rumor of it possibly being made into a DVD. But I haven't heard anything about either an airdate or a DVD in a while.