Keeping an Eye on Mt. St. Helens | Golden Skate

Keeping an Eye on Mt. St. Helens

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
History is about to repeat itself! Mt. St. Helens is getting ready to blow her stack again. I remember the event well from 1980. It was really something. Living so close to Washington State, one can't help being a spectator.

http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/mshnvm/

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I remember it too, Lad. Mother Nature at her best (or worst)........she's sure been battering humankind lately...................42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
ugh I am so sick of this subject just because that's all we've talked about for 2 weeks in geology :p LOL

all I am concerned about is the ash and how far it'll travel... last time some ended up here in Alaska... and I'm allergic to that stuff(hives and all that nastiness... 1 in 7 billion or something like that get that allergy LOL)

guinevere

Final Flight
I've been totally in volcano voids all week ~ keep hoping for something big! I've been watching the volcanocam as much as I can, but of course everytime there's been a steam eruption I've been buried in work. I might be able to get out there on the weekend (there are scores of onlookers camped out about 8.5 miles from the mountain).

Go Mt St Helens!

ps go Seattle Storm, too!

:D

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Let's see, we have Mt. St Helens, Florida has had 4 hurricanes in like 7 weeks, and "Car Wash" has been re-recorded by Christina Aguilera and Missy Elliott. I think the universe is trying to tell us something.....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
and "Car Wash" has been re-recorded by Christina Aguilera and Missy Elliott

:laugh: ....by far the worst disaster of the season!

BTW, Toni. I understand. I am taking a physical geography course and my instructor is obsessed with volcanoes. She is almost orgasmic about Mt. St. Helens...lol.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Tonichelle said:
ugh I am so sick of this subject just because that's all we've talked about for 2 weeks in geology :p LOL

all I am concerned about is the ash and how far it'll travel... last time some ended up here in Alaska... and I'm allergic to that stuff(hives and all that nastiness... 1 in 7 billion or something like that get that allergy LOL)

I would imagine al geology students and their teachers are fascinated with this topic at the moment. Nothing like a real live science project at your door step!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm just taking the class for general requirements... I'm not going to ever major it... that's why there's this A111 class, if I wanted to talk volcanoes all day long (I live in Alaska all 13 grades of secondary ed. we have extensive lessons on Earthquakes and Volcanoes) being as how we spent 2 extra classes on the subject he's now trying to rush through what he considers boring topics so that we can have no clue how to answer our exam 2 weeks from now... I guess I just want to know the topics before I'm tested...

it's an interesting subject, yes, but when you're in Alaska you want to know more than just Volcanoes :laugh:

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Tonichelle said:
I'm just taking the class for general requirements... I'm not going to ever major it... that's why there's this A111 class, if I wanted to talk volcanoes all day long (I live in Alaska all 13 grades of secondary ed. we have extensive lessons on Earthquakes and Volcanoes) being as how we spent 2 extra classes on the subject he's now trying to rush through what he considers boring topics so that we can have no clue how to answer our exam 2 weeks from now... I guess I just want to know the topics before I'm tested...

it's an interesting subject, yes, but when you're in Alaska you want to know more than just Volcanoes :laugh:

Toni:

Like living here on the Coast of British Columbia - one wants to know more than just about how much rain we get!!