MinnMan | Golden Skate

MinnMan

MinnMan

Rinkside
Today, October 14 is Kimmie Meissner's 15 (I think) birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday Kimmie Meissner,
Happy Birthday to YOU!!!!!

God Bless you Kimmie, you skate great.

MinnMan

Rinkside
Where have I been Hiding. I don't think I have.

Friday night I was hiding at the Xcel Center in St. Paul. We saw a good show, including a good skater by Kimmie Meissner, and several others. At least I enjoyed the program.

I live in Gaylord Minnesota, 65 miles west of the Cities.. But I don't hide there.

Of course maybe living in Gaylord is hiding ?????????????????????

Happy birthday, Kimmie!

MinnMan, I just sent you a PM to test your receipt of private messaging function. Click on Private Messages at the upper right of any forum page, and let me know if you got it.

Mathman

JOHIO2

Medalist
Minnman,

must be that gaylord isn't on my mental map! :laugh:
just haven't noticed you on the board much lately.

Glacierskater

On the Ice
MinnMan said:
Today, October 14 is Kimmie Meissner's 15 (I think) birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday Kimmie Meissner,
Happy Birthday to YOU!!!!!

God Bless you Kimmie, you skate great.

Have I missed something? Today is not 10-14.

MinnMan

Rinkside
My error, It was October 4th, she went from 14 to 15.

The information comes from the program that my son Dean bought at the Campbell's IFSC on Oct. 1 at the Xcel Energy Center, St Paul, MN. It tells that she was born on Oct. 4, 1989 at Baltimore, MD. My fingers hit some keys that I don't want to hit at times. :laugh:

I started posting on Amanda Belfiore's message board in 1997. Then I found Heather Winfield's Forum and posted some there. I think I started on this board in 3002, but some of those were lost so I guess I am listed as starting in 2003.

Back to Xcel, as we were watching Kimmie skate the lady behind me told her friend, " I think sh is 16". I did not have the program at that time but said that Kimmie was Novice Champion at 13 in 2003 and Junior Champion in 2004 at age 14, so I knew that she was either 14 or 15 depending on her birthday. At that time I did not know that she would turn 15 in 3 days.

I suppose we could have all sang a happy birthday to her at the Skate??????

I can't wait until Sunday to see how it looks on TV.

We were seated about 4 to 8 seats from the broadcast booth. I even got a couple of pictures of Terry Gannon and Dick Button. I got better pictures of them than the skaters.

Enjoy the show on Sunday,