Skating quiz | Golden Skate

Skating quiz

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I put a quiz on the funtrivia website about Tatiana Tarasova and her students. Feel free to play and give feedback :)

bronxgirl

Medalist
There seems to be a trend here. I got 5 right too. OK Mathman, what's the probability here?

Now, I said I wasn't going to do this any more, but you made me do it. Asuuming that no one knows anything and we are just guessing, the probability that the first three contestants will get exactly five right is...

[(10!/5!5!)(.25)^5(.75)^5]^3 = .0002.

But of course we do know some little bit of something about something, so the probability is really more like

[(10!/5!5!)(.50)^10]^3 = .0149 :p :laugh:

4dogknight

Final Flight
I hate to say but Me Too, I got five correct.
1-3-6-8-10.

Mathman what's the probability now with the first six? And the probability that you and I answered the same questions correctly?

4dk

Lcp88

On the Ice
I got 5 out of 10, too. Which made me mad, because I totally knew the first question about her father :mad: :laugh: :) !!
Laura

bronxgirl

Medalist
Mathman said:
Now, I said I wasn't going to do this any more, but you made me do it. Asuuming that no one knows anything and we are just guessing, the probability that the first three contestants will get exactly five right is...

[(10!/5!5!)(.25)^5(.75)^5]^3 = .0002.

But of course we do know some little bit of something about something, so the probability is really more like

[(10!/5!5!)(.50)^10]^3 = .0149 :p :laugh:

Either way, we have a p value of less than .05, which is statistically significant, right?

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Count me in as another 5 for 10-er!!

Though being Russian would seem to help one's score; I'm a little unsure as to how much of some of this information ever filtered over to North America.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I guess, I know less about her than anyone here - 4 out of 10. The only question I was positive about was the one about her Mink coat! The others were lucky guesses.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
OK, I now see I made the quiz too difficult -- thank for the feedback!

As to the mink coat question -- I first had it as "What does Tarasova always wear to competitions?" but the moderators wouldn't let me put in such a question, claiming her tastes could change and my quiz would become dated. Yah right!

floskate

On the Ice
Dear God - 9/10 Wheeeeeeeee! Ok mostly guesses as other than the easiest I really didn't have a clue!!!!! :laugh: