Kurt Browning's "Gotta Skate" | Golden Skate

Kurt Browning's "Gotta Skate"

S

SkateFan4Life

I'm not sure if this qualifies as a spoiler, since I have no idea when this television
show is being broadcast. I saw part of the show last night. I have to ask one question - Is Kurt going bald? Sorry, that's a blunt way to phrase the question.
His hair looked as though it was either bleached blond or going gray. Geez, he's only in his late thirties!! :confused:

Brian Boitano skated one number. Frankly, his choregraphy was practically non-existent - just a lot of cross overs from one end of the rink to the other end of the rink. Skate, skate, skate, JUMP, skate, skate, skate, JUMP, etc. I thought
he was going to land on one of the rinkside tables, but fortunately, he didn't. It's always great to see Brian skate, but I just wish he would show more creativity in his choregraphy. He has the talent to do some amazing moves on the ice. :D

SingAlto

On the Ice
SkateFan4Life said:
I'm not sure if this qualifies as a spoiler, since I have no idea when this television
show is being broadcast. I saw part of the show last night. I have to ask one question - Is Kurt going bald? Sorry, that's a blunt way to phrase the question.
His hair looked as though it was either bleached blond or going gray. Geez, he's only in his late thirties!! :confused:

Brian Boitano skated one number. Frankly, his choregraphy was practically non-existent - just a lot of cross overs from one end of the rink to the other end of the rink. Skate, skate, skate, JUMP, skate, skate, skate, JUMP, etc. I thought
he was going to land on one of the rinkside tables, but fortunately, he didn't. It's always great to see Brian skate, but I just wish he would show more creativity in his choregraphy. He has the talent to do some amazing moves on the ice. :D

This show was originally broadcast in December of last year. Kurt dyed his hair blond on a whim because the VO5 people were there as a sponsor of the show. I don't think it's still the same color now.

As for Brian, he actually did three numbers in the show (one was a duet w/ Kurt). His second number was "Hernando's Hideaway". The choreography for this number shows a lot of creativity. In fact, over the past five years, Brian has shown more versatility and creativity in his choreography than most professional skaters. Not everything worked, but he deserves credit for trying new stuff.

mzheng

Record Breaker
I watched this one. Not perticular like. But I liked the other show following this one. The name of show escapes me.

Big look for me was watching Ilia Kulic do an Arabian Cartwheel - a true one where the body turns 360 degrees as in a regular carwheel but with no hands and head down at 180 degrees. Not easy and so seldom seen in skating Most skaters do what are called butterflies which are not really Arabian Cartwheels.

Joe

Glacierskater

On the Ice
mzheng said:
I watched this one. Not perticular like. But I liked the other show following this one. The name of show escapes me.

Burt Bacharach's Tribute On Ice...for the televised ice skating schedule, check out Heather's T.V. Schedule from the home page. Much to my finacee's demise, she has the entire season listed. Thanks Heather!

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Joesitz said:
Big look for me was watching Ilia Kulic do an Arabian Cartwheel - a true one where the body turns 360 degrees as in a regular carwheel but with no hands and head down at 180 degrees. Not easy and so seldom seen in skating Most skaters do what are called butterflies which are not really Arabian Cartwheels.
Joe

I just rewatched my tape, had forgotten how impressive that move done by Ilia looks!

Jaana -I have become so impressed with Ilia and I hope I get to see him skate somehow this season. I believe he is no longer in SOI. Is that right?

Joe

lotusland

On the Ice
To answer the original question about the "quantity of hair" on Mr. Browning's head ... YES, he is going bald. Actually Kurt's been loosing his hair for many, many years. Although he had nice hair when he was in his teens and early 20's, it never really was all that thick.

But hey, I LURVE HIM bald or not ... sigh :love:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
lotusland said:
To answer the original question about the "quantity of hair" on Mr. Browning's head ... YES, he is going bald. Actually Kurt's been loosing his hair for many, many years. Although he had nice hair when he was in his teens and early 20's, it never really was all that thick.

But hey, I LURVE HIM bald or not ... sigh :love:

Yes!! :love: I loved the Club Shae's theme... not as great as the first ever Gotta Skate... but it was better than Gotta Skate 2 IMHO... I loved it when Brian and Kurt skated together... hated Kurt's blonde hair LOL

The Burt Bacharach special is also a fun show to watch... I enjoyed it a lot

they originally aired on NBC last year and I have both on tape! ;)

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Joesitz said:
Jaana -I have become so impressed with Ilia and I hope I get to see him skate somehow this season. I believe he is no longer in SOI. Is that right?

Joe

Joe, unfortunately Ilia is not in SOI cast anymore, but you can see his skating in Kristi Yamaguchi Salute to American Music in Hershey PA on Nov 5 (broadcast NBC, November 28, 2004, 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. EST)

http://www.dissonskating.com/our_events/kristi.htm

and in An Evening with Scott Hamilton & Friends show in Cleveland OH on Nov 6:

http://www.clevelandclinic.org/cancer/scottcares/gala/

Marjaana

S

SkateFan4Life

SingAlto said:
This show was originally broadcast in December of last year. Kurt dyed his hair blond on a whim because the VO5 people were there as a sponsor of the show. I don't think it's still the same color now.

As for Brian, he actually did three numbers in the show (one was a duet w/ Kurt). His second number was "Hernando's Hideaway". The choreography for this number shows a lot of creativity. In fact, over the past five years, Brian has shown more versatility and creativity in his choreography than most professional skaters. Not everything worked, but he deserves credit for trying new stuff.

Thanks for updating us on Kurt's hair color and for the info concerning Brian's other routines. As I wrote, I only saw a few minutes of the program, and while I admire Brian as one of the greatest skaters of all time, I wasn't particularly impressed with the number I wrote about. The choregraphy was quite simple, and the technical content was slim - at least for Brian's standards.

IMHO, of course.