Not working? | Golden Skate

Not working?

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Are the smilies not working? When I try to use them nothing happens. Also the Forum Tools doesn't work to mark "forum read". Anyone else having problems?

Hmm. Smileys are working OK for me. Make sure that you don't have "disable smileys in text" checked by mistake (at the bottom of the "reply" page). You could also try using "enhanced mode."

About "mark all threads read," that has always been a little sticky, for me. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. In fact, sometimes after I read a thread it marks itself read, and sometimes it doesn't.

If you keep on having problems I'll take it up with Paula.

Larry.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
:) :mad: :love: :sheesh: :p

My son was on my computer and disabled something without me knowing. Everything is working just fine. Thanks Mathman :)

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
What is enhanced mode? My smilies are not disabled, yet I still cannot see them moving. They are static. :p :mad:

RealtorGal, To read about enhanced mode, see Paula's first post on the thread "Enhanced and Guided Mode" in this folder (Feedback) -- about 6 threads down right now.

Basically, Enhanced Mode lets you use your buttons for bold, italics, size, color, quote, etc., in the most natural way. You can also click on Enhanced Mode for each individual post separately, if you don't want to change your default settings.

According to Paula, you appear to be in "Show Standard Editor Toolbar" mode, which is fine.

This should not have anything to do with seeing the animation in the smilies. This is usually a problem with the user's own browser settings. You can check it out by logging on from a different computer and see if you have the same problem. (From my computer at home I have to log out from GS in a two-step process, and I can't see all the drop-down menus on the GS home page, but from my computer at work it's fine.) For tech help you can go to

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/

and ask questions about vbulletin board. This is a very useful site, and there are lots of people there eager to show off their expertise by helping other vboard users.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

Mathman

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
RealtorGal

RealtorGal, let me know if you are still having problems, but please be specific as possible.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
RealtorGal, also, if you hit the "Escape" key, that will cause the animations to stop. Check to see if you are doing this. Hitting it again will not allow them to animate.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
One day, my daughter was at the computer and suddenly my icons were no longer static! The rocking guy is bobbing up and down, and the little ROFL guy is on his back rocking from side to side. I asked her if she touched something on the control panel, but she denied it. Oh, well! Working great for me now! :agree: