Yoshie Onda | Golden Skate

Yoshie Onda

tukinowaguma

Rinkside
It is said that many people who watched the game last week changed Onda dramatically. It is said that it grew up greatly with all elements. And the standing ovation was got from the spectator. However, since I have not watched her performance, it is not certain whether it is right. However, if this is true, Onda may become the center of attention

sorry my poor English

Hi, Tukinowaguma. Thanks for posting about one of my favorite skaters, and welcome to Golden Skate.

What event was it that Yoshie skated in last week?

Mathman:)

lotusland

On the Ice
tukinowaguma, your English is just fine ... much better than I can do in any other language!

Thanks so much for the post and the links. I love the pictures! Considering all the flack the current ladies Word champ is getting on her costume selections for this season, its wonderful to see Onda on the scene looking just stunning. I too love the Japanese blossom dress ... very elegant. But best of all, it is GREAT to see Onda looking so happy on the ice!

I wish Yoshie all the best of luck this season. Can't wait to see her compete!

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Thanks for the links, tukinowaguma!

The "Tyubu block convention" (or Chubu block) is one of the 3 Regional championships that leads to the West Japan Championships -- one of 2 Sectionals in late October to qualify skaters for Japan's Nationals in December (the other 3 Regionals lead to the East Japan Championships).

liberal

Rinkside
Thanks so much for the links.
Yoshie is so pretty, I loved the photos.
I hope we get to see her this season.

floskate

On the Ice
Oh Wow!!!! I've always liked Yoshie!! If she's improved as much as people say then Japanese Nationals could be quite interesting!!!! When she really lets go there is s much joy in her skating!!

Are there clips of this available anywhere?

I look forward to seeing Onda at Skate Canada later in the month. Last year she lost half of the season to injury. Before that, it seemed quite clear that she was working hard on improving her presentation skills.

She did do that, but it seemed like it was at the expense of the flamboyant attack on the tech side that had characterized her skating in the past. Hard to find the right balance.

Mathman

tukinowaguma

Rinkside
Hi,liberal miffy. lotusland.thanks a lot your kindness.Sylvia, I appreciate many information in your homepage

This is Yomiuri web site 18/9.
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/news/20040918ie04.htm
This is an extract in part.
Yoshie may show the just a little bit different figure skating this season. It finished dull last season, and the "bet" which moved the activity base from this spring to the U.S. did success so, and worked to plus by technology and mentality both sides last season. And it says she was missed in young rise skater last season. but she said "I want to take part in the world championship . It declared that it is revenge." The visit to America was the decision which searches for new environment. Now when the bright smile returned, it can say like this. "As for anyone , she can do performance as practice. Since she is trusted herself." Experience which overcame pain should surely bring width to performance.

I am wishing the result which Onda satisfies.

itofan

On the Ice
I hope Yoshie has a great year in the Grand Prix events, particularly since I put her on my USFSA Fantasy Team. She's also one of my favorites from the Japanese girls.

mzheng

Record Breaker
"
Last edited by Mathman : Today at 11:45 AM. Reason: Violation of Golden Skate rules against making personal attacks on other GS members.
"

Not sure what rule here is. That's exactly what she did over FSU to got herself banned there.

Like GS, FSU rarely ban posters, unless they went too much over the top.

JOHIO2

Medalist
if the deletes were for bashing -- either a skater or a member, the question becomes WHY? First T. says US skaters are no good and Japanese skaters are best. OK, that is an honest opinion. What I truly don't understand is, why bash Yoshie? She is a beautiful young woman and a fantastic, talented and athletic skater. And just what could a fellow board poster say about her to provoke such venom?

Yoshie is not perfect. No person alive is. But I find her enthusiasm and sheer joy in skating infectious. If she doesn't make you want to smile back at her (and, yes, I have seen her practice and compete in person), then you must be a very dour person indeed.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Yoshie challenges T's favorite, Miki. I can only imagine that is where the nasty attitude comes from. And, some people only live to incite trouble and to stir the pot. I think Yoshie is great. She has always been overshadowed by her countrywomen...first Fumie and now Shizuka and Miki. I'd like to see her surprise everyone this season.

tukinowaguma

Rinkside
Onda's special edition was broadcast for 5 minutes by "Sunday Sports" of NHK yesterday. Training in the United States and the image of the Chubu block competition were broadcast. Since the video was short, I did not realize whether she changed dramatically or not . however, It seems that landing of jump ,basic skating and step are improved