Griazev is out | Golden Skate

Griazev is out

Kasey

Medalist
His back injury will keep him from competing at SA, according to Tarasova. No word yet about CoR.

kasey

Damn. I'm going to this event and he was one of the reasons. Many posters find fault with his inconsistencies but I overlook them because he has one of those boyish upbeat styles which I enjoy when it works. In his case it does work.

How many skaters are suffering this season. I think I'll post a topic in The Edge.

Joe

Kasey

Medalist
I know. Skate America will be my first skating competition I am going to, and he was a huge reason for it. The trip from Nevada to Pittsburgh is going to be a little less fun now. :(

kasey

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Personally, I believe a lot of skaters are 'suffering' more this season and skipping GP events in locations requiring extensive travel, because of the prize money reduction. It isn't economically feasible to travel a long distance to a competition where you are probably going to finish 4th or 5th.

chuckm said:
Personally, I believe a lot of skaters are 'suffering' more this season and skipping GP events in locations requiring extensive travel, because of the prize money reduction. It isn't economically feasible to travel a long distance to a competition where you are probably going to finish 4th or 5th.
It really is a trip for these skaters I think Weir is going to Beijing, then his next skate is Moscow (CoR), and then Nats (Portland), and then Worlds (Moscow). then the long hot summer. :rolleye:

Joe