Injured Skaters

If there are any others, please list.

Liang
Slutskaya (more ill than injured)

Plushenko
Klimkin
Lambiel
Griazev

I like to know who has the problem so I don't get too critical.

Joe

Ximena

Final Flight
Timshenko is also injured

Well the Russian will be out of Russian men for the GP, won't it?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
From Canada we have:

Nicole Watt who suffers from rheumatoid arthritis. I don't know if she will be attempting to skate this season or not. It's so disappointing because she shows such promise.

Don't know of any others at the moment. I hope Jeff B. has a better go of it this season.

Kasey

Medalist
Ximena said:
Timshenko is also injured

Well the Russian will be out of Russian men for the GP, won't it?

I think Griazev is only out of Skate America so far, not sure about Cup of Russia. It is pretty miserable on the Russian side for elite skaters right now.

Kasey

Eliza

Rinkside
Johnny Weir has a foot injury & has cancelled appearing at Evening with Champions & Expressions on Ice III.

Saw that at a website called Johnny Weir: A Rising Star & also at Alexei Yagudin Discussion Group.

Eliza

mpal2

Final Flight
Joe,

Don't forget Yebin Mok who has been out with with a back injury for quite some time. I don't know if she's competing again this year. Also Ann Patrice McDonough is out this year with a foot injury.

It might be interesting to start a list of people trying to make a comeback from injury this season. They sometimes get off to a slow start due to mental or residual physical problems from the injury.

Sometimes it feels like the shortest list of people would be the ones who were healthy last year and healthy this year. :cry:

Linny

Final Flight
come back from injury

Honda, Geobel...

Question about Weir: is he more fragile than some of the other skaters? Seems like he's always recovering from an injury...

Linny

mpal2 said:
Joe,

Don't forget Yebin Mok who has been out with with a back injury for quite some time. I don't know if she's competing again this year. Also Ann Patrice McDonough is out this year with a foot injury.

It might be interesting to start a list of people trying to make a comeback from injury this season. They sometimes get off to a slow start due to mental or residual physical problems from the injury.

Sometimes it feels like the shortest list of people would be the ones who were healthy last year and healthy this year. :cry:
mpal - It seems that way. I thought of starting this so that all the posters know that certain skaters had some problems during the year.

In some cases, a skater may be making a comeback but because the duration of the injury or illness has taken a toll on practice as well as mental distraction, they may not be up to par. Can't help but think of one of my favorites, Alexander Abt who it seemed to me to be always suffering from an injury.

And yes, all we can do is :cry: :cry: :cry:

Joe

dragonfly

Rinkside
Linny said:
Honda, Geobel...

Question about Weir: is he more fragile than some of the other skaters? Seems like he's always recovering from an injury...

Linny

Nah, he just took a bad step off a curb. Could have happened to anyone! He's on the mend - skipping the shows will help - and he'll be fine in a week or two. And he wasn't injured at all last year, by the way.

LBC

On the Ice
Weir as well as Orcher and Lucash and Jenny Kirk pulled out of Evening with Champions due to injuries according to Sandra Loosemore at Skatefans. Katie has some foot problems because of breaking in new boots but I don't know about Jenny. I hope it isn't serious or maybe she pulled out for other reasons.

shdotz

On the Ice
Irina Slutskaya

I do so hope that Irina regains her health and skates again. She has been one of my favorites for many years. She's matured into a great skater with such a beautiful skate - no matter what she does. At least I have her on tapes that go back to probably 1996.

shdotz

Joesitz said:
If there are any others, please list.

Liang
Slutskaya (more ill than injured)

Plushenko
Klimkin
Lambiel
Griazev

I like to know who has the problem so I don't get too critical.

Joe

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Soooo, back injuries appear to be quite common, both men and women.....42

shine

Record Breaker
I heard that Yukina Ota also injured her foot and at a latest sectional competition (at the beginning of October) in Japan she was doing triple toes in place of all her planned triple flips throughout :cry:

Mok and Liang have competed at and placed well at U.S. Nationals and at international competitions in the past. Do they still have to go through the regional and sectional qualifying procedures?

Mathman

dr.frog

On the Ice
Mathman said:
Mok and Liang have competed at and placed well at U.S. Nationals and at international competitions in the past. Do they still have to go through the regional and sectional qualifying procedures?

Why do you think the rules would not apply to them?

Dr. F., one of these days you are going to make me actually look up some of the rules instead of relying on my friends here on GS to tell me what they are. :laugh:

Dr. M.