Joy to the World.... | Golden Skate

Joy to the World....

bleuchick

On the Ice
December is shaping up to be the MONTH of the year:

1. Xmas and Boxing day - are on saturday and sunday. That means monday and tuesday are holidays :love: I think this is the 1st time in a long time. When was the last time we had Xmas on saturday?

2. Three paychecks in December. This year there is absolutely no reason for buying bad gifts. :laugh:

3. half day work schedule for Dec 24 and "see ya on Wednesay". I tell you, it can't get better than this...:D

4. Skating....is usually on Xmas day :)

5. Dec 24 is a US holiday :)

In case you are wondering, it has been a busy 3-4 months of travelling and working, so I am quite excited about this month.

Let the season start, effective tomorrow....cheesefest or not....bring on the blades.

Last edited:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I'm with you, bleu.........I've already started buying Christmas gifts..... :eek: 42

bleuchick

On the Ice
I am done with window-shopping in mid-november then actually buy stuff comes Dec 1 :laugh: :laugh:

I guess we are the only early birds on this board.

4dogknight

Final Flight
I buy all during the year. When something strikes my fancy, I get it. Finding hiding places is a different problem. My better half is constantly rearranging everything, for some reason he thinks it will be more efficient. However what he never remembers is that he is over 6'2" and I'm a foot shorter. (I want a collapsible step ladder for Christmas!)

The three fur-foots are easier: I buy biscuits and cookies all year and store them unopened in a back closet then on Xmas eve, I fill and hang their stockings. This year they all get new beds and collars too.

4dk

I'm glad I'm not the only one who at least begins thinking about Christmas shopping in September!
I've got some gifts already....have lists made for other things I want to try to find...have a list of older folks who I'm just having flowers delivered to....
Already thinking about how to re-arrange the living room furniture so the Christmas tree will fit in.
I have time off from childcare during Christmas as the child's mother takes a vacation week, which added to the company's holiday schedule, gives her, and me, more than a week off. My hubby's "new" job gives Christmas Eve AND Christmas Day off.
I LOVE Christmas time!!!
I like to get ready ahead of time so the few days before and after, I can just sit and relax and enjoy my decorations, the Christmas movies on tv, playing x-mas music, etc. But I always end up running some place local on Christmas Eve day to get a last minute small gift just to get a taste of the "mad rush"!