Peggy Fleming at Campbell's | Golden Skate

Peggy Fleming at Campbell's

humbaba

Final Flight
While watching the on camera commentary at Campbell's, I noticed that Peggy Fleming didn't seem to be her old self. She looked as though she might not be well, and seemed to have some difficulty talking. I thought she struggled to enunciate just a bit, like a person who's trying to talk after having gone to the dentist and gotten a shot of anesthetic. Did anyone else notice this? I know Peggy survived a bout with cancer a few years back; now I'm wondering if she might be ill again.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I only heard her briefly as I tuned in at the end of the ladies free skate. Yes, she did seem kind of "off" her game to me as well. Of course, Dick seemed as verbose as always. Don't know.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Humbaba, thanks for bringing up the topic. I did notice something different but coudln't quite think what it was. It seemed that it had to do with her mouth.

Dee

S

SkateFan4Life

humbaba said:
While watching the on camera commentary at Campbell's, I noticed that Peggy Fleming didn't seem to be her old self. She looked as though she might not be well, and seemed to have some difficulty talking. I thought she struggled to enunciate just a bit, like a person who's trying to talk after having gone to the dentist and gotten a shot of anesthetic. Did anyone else notice this? I know Peggy survived a bout with cancer a few years back; now I'm wondering if she might be ill again.

I hope Peggy's is OK. Heaven forbid that she has another bout with cancer. So many people around here are battling colds and/or the flu. Perhaps that's what happened to her.