Usova-Platov retiring! | Golden Skate

Usova-Platov retiring!

John King

Final Flight
I heard from Shoko at the Usova-Platov Yahoo group that Maya Usova & Evgeny Platov have retired from skating!Bummer.All the soap-opera stuff nonwithstanding,they did some beautiful programs together.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
being as how they haven't skated much and have been working more as coaches I am not surprised... sad yes, I loved their skating, but not surprised

jesslily

Final Flight
I think they retired long time ago and their main focus is working with Tarasova as her assistant coaches...

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Actually, Usova is no longer with Tarasova. She left to try to make it on her own early this summer.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
jesslily said:
I think they retired long time ago and their main focus is working with Tarasova as her assistant coaches...

they were in a couple shows (I think) last winter/spring... they were supposed to come to a show here in Alaska but it was cancelled *pouts*

S

SkateFan4Life

John King said:
I heard from Shoko at the Usova-Platov Yahoo group that Maya Usova & Evgeny Platov have retired from skating!Bummer.All the soap-opera stuff nonwithstanding,they did some beautiful programs together.

While Usova/Platov were still together as a dance team, they trained briefly at the local rink in my area. I never had the opportunity to watch them practice, as they used the rink at night or other non-business day hours.

I'm not surprised to hear that they've retired. They've achieved so much with their former partners, and they were a wonderful ice dance team the short time they were together. I'm sure they will be outstanding coaches.

All the best to them!