US Nationals -- Who's Going | Golden Skate

US Nationals -- Who's Going

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm going!!! WHEEEEEEEE!!! and I know kwanfan1212 is going... and a couple of my friends on other boards are going... who here is going? (I realize it's a few months off, but I ordered my plane tickets today so yeay!

sk8fanconvert

On the Ice
We're going!!!

I like where my seats are too!
Eliza, how do you know you're seats already? Did you buy all-event or individual. I can't wait to see my seats.

Mpal, are you on the front row again?

mpal2

Final Flight
I don't know where my seats are but I sure hope I am. Those were great seats. :)

How did you find out where your seats were eliza?

eliza88

On the Ice
How did I find out my seats? I have no patience so I called the Rose Garden (or whatever the phone # was on the website) and asked! I figured the least they could tell me was "no!" But, they gave me the info! They also told me that tickets probably won't be sent out until December. I do have the All-Event package! I can't wait to live at the rink for a week and see all the practices and competitions!

When I go to see skating shows I like to sit at the end of the rink, that way I am not turning my head back and forth. So my seats are smack in the middle of the end (if that makes sense!) and 10 rows from the ice. Plus right on the aisle for quit exits to the bathroom--always important! Hopefully I will like this location for a competition as much as I like it for a show!

Come on January!

eliza88

sk8fanconvert

On the Ice
I called too! I'm in section 117, row D, seats 9 & 10 (well, i'm not actually in both seats- one is for Damon).

I'm not sure how I feel about being on the end- I think in some respects you get a better view- the corners aren't so hard to see, but in Dallas I loved being across from the judges- they noticed us when we got unhappy with the marks!

Eliza, which end are you on?

eliza88

On the Ice
sk8fan--we are on the same end! I am in section 118 row J, seats#1&2.

I went to 2001 Worlds and we had "club seats"--so we were more or less in the middle (slightly off to the side) and about 25 rows up. Those were pretty great seats. I don't like to sit too close to the ice because I think you lose some perspective--though for practices I like sitting up close! I know sitting on the end will have it's pros/cons--hopefully all footwork sequences will be coming our way! Crossing my fingers that someone tall doesn't sit in front of me!

eliza88

sk8addict

On the Ice
us nationals

I'm going!!! I'll be doing makeup for Nick Laroche & Jenny Don. Can't wait for Senior practices!!! We will have Novice & Junior competition tickets to give away if anyone is interested. We spend most of that time at Senior practices. Also, found a great hotel. The Paramount is pretty new & has whirlpool tubs in the rooms, only one block from the Max rail. Good discounts for staying the whole week. Asian resturant with lots of options for vegeterians!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I got my seats when I ordered (so I just got my tickets this week so sue me :rofl: had to wait for my check to come in!)

I'm farther up than you all... but I couldn't afford better
section 203, row N, seat 5

sk8addict

On the Ice
nationals

You can move down for everything but the ladies final. That's the only thing that sells out. You also can sit anywhere that is not roped off for coaches during practice sessions.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
really??? I thought that only worked for half sold out arenas in Alaska :rofl:

guinevere

Final Flight
Geez, I've been planning to go to the '05 National for years, as I live in Seattle, but my skate comp buddies and I have kinda...drifted apart in the last year. I thought we might still go together but I just found out that they scheduled a concert they are producing the same weekend as Nationals (d'oh!) - they thought Nat'l was a week later.

I'm now trying to decide whether to go or not. I guess I wouldn't mind going to a competition by myself (although it's definitely not as much fun!), but not getting to split the hotel cost is a bummer. I also have to find a new dog care situation.

sk8addict

On the Ice
seats

Tonichelle said:
really??? I thought that only worked for half sold out arenas in Alaska :rofl:
Well, in Dallas & in Atlanta it was about 50% full for all the shorts & all the finals except the women. There is even a big temperture change for the womens final in the arena because of all the people. So....come on down to section 117 & talk skating with us. We're there for most of the Senior practices & we walk the arena every time they resurface the ice to get a little exercise. I'm the one in the sunglasses. I find they help me see the edges of the skates.

sk8addict

On the Ice
guinevere said:
Geez, I've been planning to go to the '05 National for years, as I live in Seattle, but my skate comp buddies and I have kinda...drifted apart in the last year. I thought we might still go together but I just found out that they scheduled a concert they are producing the same weekend as Nationals (d'oh!) - they thought Nat'l was a week later.

I'm now trying to decide whether to go or not. I guess I wouldn't mind going to a competition by myself (although it's definitely not as much fun!), but not getting to split the hotel cost is a bummer. I also have to find a new dog care situation.
You won't be alone for long. People into skating love other people into skating. We are a pretty friendly bunch even when we disagree on who skates best! There can be alot of teasing about that. There arn't that many of us that go to all the practices, so it's like a small family by the end of the week. You can meet most of the skaters as well.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
awwww come on guinevere come to the fun!!!! *I* got talked into spending money I didn't really have to come to it so you have to too!!!!! :rofl:

sk8addict, I will definately look for you!!! :agree:

eliza88

On the Ice
sk8addict--I too will look for you! I went to all the practices at the 2001 Worlds but never approached the skaters! You sound like the master at this--a good trait to learn! I like your idea about walking the arena during ice resurfacing time! I am planning on going to almost all the practices, I also am interested in seeing the juniors and novices. Is there assigned seats for that? Or with an all-event ticket do you just go on in and find a seat?

eliza88

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think it is open seating, from what I've heard from others... but I would also like to know about practices...

I can hardly wait!!!! I get to cheer for Melissa and Denis, Tanith and Ben, Mike, Tim, Matt, Jenny, and Angela!!! WOOT WOOT!!!! (and I get to meet up with a lot of cool people!!!) :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

mpal2

Final Flight
guinevere said:
Guinevere,

I've gone alone every year and I never end up alone. :party2: The hotel bill part is a bummer. In fact, this is the first time I'll be sharing a hotel room with some people I've run into every year so far. :cool: But it's been worth it every year. :rock:

sk8addict

On the Ice
Jr & Novice Comps.

eliza88 said:
sk8addict--I too will look for you! I went to all the practices at the 2001 Worlds but never approached the skaters! You sound like the master at this--a good trait to learn! I like your idea about walking the arena during ice resurfacing time! I am planning on going to almost all the practices, I also am interested in seeing the juniors and novices. Is there assigned seats for that? Or with an all-event ticket do you just go on in and find a seat?

eliza88
Junior & Novice competions are all general admission.