Whatever happened to the ice skating channel? | Golden Skate

Whatever happened to the ice skating channel?

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Dear Ice Channel Supporters—
Our negotiations with the Bank of America have concluded without their funding our network.  The discussions were complex as to the state of the economy, terrorism and the upcoming elections, the current problems within the cable world itself, and the general risks at this time of funding a start-up channel.  After many occasions when it appeared that we were going to succeed in receiving the funds, last week the Bank finally declined.

However, we allowed no time for disappointment and immediately contacted six other banking firms.  We received from them extremely positive reactions; and each has already gone over our Business Plan in detail and expressed their enthusiasm to proceed to the next steps.

Under no circumstances are we giving up.  We have progressed too far and experienced too many successes along the way with cable operators, programming sources, skating federations and advertisers.  And we have commitments for second- and third-monies whenever we receive our initial funding.

We will continue our efforts at full speed and with total enthusiasm...and we ask for your continued support during this adventure.With kindest regards,

Michael A. Rosenberg
Chairman and CEO

S

SkateFan4Life

dlkksk8fan said:
Dear Ice Channel Supporters—
Our negotiations with the Bank of America have concluded without their funding our network.  The discussions were complex as to the state of the economy, terrorism and the upcoming elections, the current problems within the cable world itself, and the general risks at this time of funding a start-up channel.  After many occasions when it appeared that we were going to succeed in receiving the funds, last week the Bank finally declined.

However, we allowed no time for disappointment and immediately contacted six other banking firms.  We received from them extremely positive reactions; and each has already gone over our Business Plan in detail and expressed their enthusiasm to proceed to the next steps.

Under no circumstances are we giving up.  We have progressed too far and experienced too many successes along the way with cable operators, programming sources, skating federations and advertisers.  And we have commitments for second- and third-monies whenever we receive our initial funding.

We will continue our efforts at full speed and with total enthusiasm...and we ask for your continued support during this adventure.With kindest regards,

Michael A. Rosenberg
Chairman and CEO

Dear Mr. Rosenberg,

Thank you so much for the update! I, too, have wondered what had happened to the Ice Channel. The prospect of having a cable station devoted exclusively to figure skating is almost too wonderful to imagine. I, for one, have always felt that the media gives figure skating precious little coverage, except for the Olympics and/or when there's a major scandal - judging, Harding/Kerrigan, etc.

I would love to see a retrospective segment showing the performances at past Winter Olympics, Worlds, Nationals, etc. Who among us wouldn't get a kick out of seeing Dick Button's winning long program at the 1952 Olympics, in which he became the first-ever skater to land a triple jump?

Best of luck with your negotiations. Keep the faith, and keep plugging away. If I had the means, I would gladly bankroll your cable channel - however, all I can do is send you my best wishes.

SkateFan4Live