Paul Hamm? | Golden Skate

Paul Hamm?

cianni

On the Ice
Any news on the GM . Its been 2wks now. Havent heard anything yet. Anyone else know anything?

JOHIO2

Medalist
cianni, you're not the only one who's wondering. Now that the lawyers and bureaucrats have taken over, who knows how long it will take.

S

SkateFan4Life

cianni said:
Any news on the GM . Its been 2wks now. Havent heard anything yet. Anyone else know anything?

IMHO, Paul Hamm won according to the rules; however, it was very unfortunate that the judges erred with the South Korean gymnast's base scores. The only equitable thing to do, as I see it, would be to give the South Korean that extra .1 of a point. If that meant sharing the gold medal with Hamm, so be it. If that meant that Hamm finished second instead of first, well, that's the way it goes.

Whatever the outcome, Hamm's victory is going to be tarnished. If the courts order him to turn over his gold medal, and he refuses to do so, that's going to be it for his "endorsement career". Even if he keeps his gold medal, he will always be associated with this judging controversy.

Hamm is definintely not going to become another American golden boy, as Bart Conner and Mitch Gaylord were. :disappoin

cianni

On the Ice
Paul Hamm

I think this is the usual put the blame on someone else. Sorry the judges made the mistake not the athletes. Judges not being held accountable is what is ruining Ice Skating and now Gymnastics. I feel sorry for both the athletes BUT they were not the creater of the problem its the judges and their incompetence. The sports will be credable when judges are held accountable and dont hold your breath.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Paul Hamm

As I understand, the Court of Arbitration for Sport is expected to issue its ruling sometime between October 18 and October 25.