Timothy Goebel Update | Golden Skate

Timothy Goebel Update

S

SkateFan4Life

Here's a link to an article posted on Timothy Goebel's official website, concerning his victory at the Campbells Skating competition. Apparently, Goebel is now injury-free, and he's returning strongly to top competitive shape. The fact that he defeated Johnny Weir in this competition shows that Goebel is in good contention to aim towards regaining his US title.

I just hope that Timothy manages to bring some more artistry and expression into his skating. In my opinion, he's one of the greatest jumpers of all time, but jumping isn't the only thing that counts, especially with the new judging system. He needs to crank up the volume with his presentation. Frank Carroll is a great coach, and I hope he's working with Timothy to raise the bar in this aspect.

http://www.timothygoebel.net/campbell.shtml

Vash01

Medalist
I just hope Tim stays healthy this season and re-earns the title of Quad King. I miss seeing his quads.

Vash

floskate

On the Ice
Johnny skated with a sprained ankle and by his own admission would be lucky to make it through the program. Hard to look on this as a decisive defeat of Weir by Goebel. Lets wait till they both face each other fully fit and skating clean!!

IMO Tim is not a naturally graceful or a naturally musical performer. I thought he made great progress in presentation when he first started working with Lori Nichol several years ago. Now the learning curve has caught up with him and his advances are slower, but steady.

If Tim gets all of his jumps back, Johnny will have to step up the technical, too, to beat him, IMO.

Mathman

S

SkateFan4Life

floskate said:
Johnny skated with a sprained ankle and by his own admission would be lucky to make it through the program. Hard to look on this as a decisive defeat of Weir by Goebel. Lets wait till they both face each other fully fit and skating clean!!

What in the world was Weir doing skating with a sprained ankle? :rolleye: At least that partially explains Goebel's relatively easy victory.

I sincerely hope that both Weir and Goebel are 100 percent healthy and ready to compete for US Nationals. May the best man win!