Help! Missed ER Thursday night - Any Updates? | Golden Skate

Help! Missed ER Thursday night - Any Updates?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I forgot ER was on Thursday night and tuned in just at the last minute. So did anyone catch the show? I would appreciate an update!!!!!

Antilles

Medalist
Hi Lad, I saw the episode. Shane West finally got some actual screen time, which is nice. Let's see...Lewis visited with her baby, and Carter held him for a bit (trying to pull at the hearstings, I guess). Her hubby is very into the baby thing, and was mock breastfeeding the kid with some weird device. A new surgeon who the staff don't seem to like was introduced. I think they set up Corday's departure in this one. A gunshot victim came in and died. He was HIV +, so wouldn't be able to donate his organs, but his friend who desperately needed a new liver is also HIV+, so Carter wanted him to get the organ. Apparently it's illegal to do an HIV transplant. Carter managed to talk Corday into doing the illegal surgery. No repercussions yet. Corday had previously had an argument with Weaver over the new surgeon. Apparently he was the only candidate she didn't endorse, and that's the one that got hired.

There was more interplay between Kovac, Sam and her kid. He took the kid to a soccer game, where the kid told Kovac he didn't need another Dad, since his own was coming back. Neela tried to get a job at a mall, and wound up getting a job at a convenience store across form the hospital. Abby was giving her crap for it. She thinks Neela should get a medical job. Abby also invited Cater to an AA meeting and dinner, but Carter turned her down. There was also a young intern hitting on Abby. She butted heads throughout the episode with Shane West's character,. I believe his name is Ray Barnett. They disagreed a couple of times over patient treatment, but seemed to be getting along ok at the end.

Ray lives in the hospital, saying he's "between homes". The episode ended with him on the roof barbecuing and playing his guitar. Carter went up there and watched fireworks with him (it was supposed to be July 4th). Pratt came back, but was tired and not functioning too well, so Cater sent him home. Some of the new med students/interns kept doing dumb things that Carter had to fix.

Umm, that's all I can remember right now.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Thanks for that excellent synopsis!!! It's kind of difficult to follow the story line when one misses an episode. Also there are weeks when no new episode is shown.

Thanks!