Something to share re: Michelle Kwan | Golden Skate

Something to share re: Michelle Kwan

R

realistic51

Something to share re: Michelle Kwan

I know that some of you may have read on the MKF regarding my daughter, Lexi, and Make-A-Wish foundation. Lexi is a devout MK fan. She also wants to "date" Tim Goebel. Lexi is 17, almost 18. I referred her to Make-A-Wish to see if they could help her meet both of these figure skaters, especially Michelle since she's her favorite. When a child is referred, the doctor has to state she is medically eligible. Obviously Lexi's doctor did just that because we are going to be talking to the wish grantors this week.

Anyway, COI is NOT in our city and since they cancelled Kansas City, I am hoping they will work it out for Lexi to be able to go to Denver and be able to meet with Michelle and Tim, not to mention other figure skaters.

Please keep her in your prayers so that this happens. You should have seen the radiance and joy on her face when I told her this was a possibility.

Of course she has to have a second wish choice. Her second is to meet Jackie Chan, but that's a whole 'nother board.:rollin:

M

mathman444

Re: Something to share re: Michelle Kwan

I am so pleased for you and Lexi, Realistic. Wow, I'm jealous now if she gets to meet Michelle.

How is your daughter's recovery coming? That was such a terrible thing. My prayers and best wishes for you both.

Mathman

S

Show 42

My thoughts are also with you, realistic, and your daughter...42

D

Dee4707

Realistic, I am so happy for you and Lexi. I will make sure I pray for Lexi's dream of meeting her favorite skaters. I'm glad that you pursued all options that were open to you.

Dee

L

Ladskater

realistic51 :

I hope your daughters wish comes true! I remember finally meeting my skating heroine - Karen Magnussen - mind you I was well into my adult years! Still it is a thrill to meet those we admire in skating - no matter what our age. Best wishes to your daughter.

Ladskater

F

fredonia

i hope your daugther gets her wish. best of luck...:D

R

rgirl181

Good luck and best wishes to your daughter, Lexi, and you, Realistic. Your online name makes so much sense, but so sorry you have to be "realistic" about a situation like this. I'm sure everyone here hopes Lexi gets her wish.
Rgirl