Spins! | Golden Skate

Spins!

What is your favorite spin?

• Total voters

Antilles

Medalist
I was torn between camel and layback. I went with camel. I'm a sucker for a really well done one (a la Sasha).

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I love a really fast "blur" spin.......42 :agree: (I just love these new little guys!)

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
The Russian men, particularly Alexander Abt, have camel spins to die for. I could watch him and Evgeni and Ilia do camel spins all day. :yes:

Laura :)

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
This is tough. I love spins. I particularly like the scratch, Y, and layback spins. But, I'll go with a well done scratch spin...they are so effective!

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I like all of the spins but I voted for the camel spin. I like a spin that is done fast and centered like Todd Eldredge's spins.

icy fresh

On the Ice
Well since I thought it was for your favorite spin to do, I voted other because I love doing the donut spin, or a flying donut!

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Well, that was disgusting. They won't let you read this forum post unless you vote. So, I had to vote. I don't like any one over the other. I just like them all.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Antilles said:
I was torn between camel and layback. I went with camel. I'm a sucker for a really well done one (a la Sasha).
ok since you picked camel I picked Layback because I had the same problem in choosing!

TRAxel

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Layback... ladies look like porcelain dolls when performing them.

doubleaxelcm

On the Ice
To do: Flying camel
To watch a well done one: layback

If I could do a nice layback I would vote that but flying camel is my best spin so thats what i voted. I've never been able to do a nice layback. I love watching nice ones like Sasha's though.

ceg15

On the Ice
I voted layback-it's definitely one of the most gorgeus spins. Sasha Cohen does a beautiful one. đź‘Ť

Matt

On the Ice
I voted for the layback spin. A really good layback is the sign of a good skater, IMO, because it shows you that the skater is aware of every little detail: the range of motion in their back, the pointed toe, the leg in attitude, the carriage of their hands and arms. Sasha's is absolutely classic; Sarah Hughes and Angela Nikodinov have gorgeous ones. And, if you ever get a chance to see photos of it, Jamal Othman from Switzerland does a very nice catch-foot layback on the men's side