Costume help (need ideas) | Golden Skate

Costume help (need ideas)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
my new church has a college age group and on the 30th they're having a costume party

what should I go as??? ACK!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Toni:

Why don't you go as your favorite skater?

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Or a character from literature? Jane Austin's Regency period dresses are fairly simple to make. There's always Teresa Heinz Kerry :biggrin: (sorry Toni, I couldn't resisit).

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Naughty, naughty Piel... :rofl: Teresa's hair is too scary to want to wear... and considering this is a conservative church.... ;) I was thinking about going as Laura Bush as I just cut my hair, but that requires being lady-like... I have more in common with Teresa in that respect :rofl:

Lad- if I went as my favorite skater I'd have to somehow lose a ton of weight and be ready to freeze my toosh off (or dress like Scott Hamilton and I am neither short or bald ha ha!) but I did dress like Katia Gordeeva my Freshman year of high school...

I like the book character idea though.... maybe I'll dress up as Emma! :rofl:

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Toni-how about going as a "Hippy"? How about a "Nun"? Or a baby is always funny. You could spray your hair grey and find some old ladies clothes and go as a "old lady".

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
A HAMBURGER??? interesting ha ha! :rofl:

nuns don't appeal to me too much... and hippies were done every year for a homecoming thing... the old lady might work....;)

Kitty

Rinkside
Halloween's coming soon ... maybe something scary : a witch for exemple :yes:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How about Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz and one of your pooches could be Toto. :laugh:

Dee

How about an ice skate?
Find a refridgerator box or large pieces of cardboard to cut one out, get some rope for the laces, aluminum foil around some hangers to make the blades....
Okay, a little goofy!

milanessa

Rinkside
NJSk8Fan said:
How about an ice skate?
Find a refridgerator box or large pieces of cardboard...

I'm not good at thinking up costumes so I don't have any suggestions but this reminds me of one of the funniest ones I've ever seen. A friend of mine wore a large cardboard box painted to look like a brick and her husband dressed in work clothes with a sign on his chest that said "Brick Layer."

gerry

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Dee4707 said:
How about Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz and one of your pooches could be Toto. :laugh:

Dee

ha ha! yeah you wish ;) I don't think ?Yuka would enjoy herself as much ... besides she'd need to wear a costume and she hates being a skunk ;) :rofl:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I remember when my daughter, named Mary, went as Miss America, and her sash had Miss Amaryca written on it.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I think I qualify as an old lady, Toni, but I wear mostly sweats & certainly don't own any "old lady" dresses or clothing. I just bought a black crushed velvet 2 piece outfit that might work as part of a witches outfit if you had the pointed black hat. I think you should go as a college student!! Or how about a bookworm?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
a college student?? I already am one! ;) I be getten an edumakechun

(for 1600 bucks for 3 classes for a semester not including books I don't feel l ike I'm learning much... unless you consider learning where your profs stand politically and I could care less about that stuff :rofl: )

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I *think* I might go as a CSI ... but no I haven't officially decided yet...

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
How about Ammelia Earhart?

Long, white scarf, sunglasses (if you can't find the aviator glasses) and a leather jacket.

I always go as witch :)

Yana