jr world ladies | Golden Skate

jr world ladies

E

eltamina

jr world ladies

WOW Japan has a power house of ladies.

I think Ota won fair and square. Poor Ando, she traded the quad sal for the triple lutz/triple loop. Pror to landing the 4s she has been landing the 3z/3l consistently for 2 seasons. I think with practice and training her presentaion will improve. She has good basics. I disagree with Nancy that her 4s didn't it was fully rotated, landed on one foot the exit was bad, but if hands down and step out are considered as completed jumps, Ando's 4s should count.

I think Mai Asada has a very pretty face, she skated slow. I can't wait to see her sister Mao who is supposed to be able to land 3/3/3.

Hu from China is so cute, all 4 ft 7 inches of her.

Bebe is a very brave girl. Kudos to Tiffany Chin. !!

P

personin2003

re jr worlds

I think that in about three to fours that the rivalry between the U.S. and Russia is going to shift between the U.S. and Japan. Both countries have a very deep depth in ladies and i think its going to last a very long time between them. It going to be very interesting to see these two countries compete for the top spots. I'm actually excited to show what happens in the next couples of years between these two countries.

S

SHINE2002

Re: re jr worlds

There's a video of Mao Asada's LP from Japanese Nationals this year at Cruella's MK video site, if you wish to download it, here's the link:
www.jimandmaryjo.com/MK/otherskaters.htm

BTW, I hope some people out there are considering making online clips for Canadian fans like me who don't get Lifetime :)

S

SHINE2002

By the way, watching these younger Japnese ladies, I think the main rivalry could also very well be Japan vs Japan.

E

eltamina

thanks shine, how long does it take to load the Mao program, my computer is old.

D

DORISPULASKI

Re: re jr worlds/Yebin Mok

Did any of you Yebiniacs notice that Yebin's presentation in the LP had improved a good deal since Nationals? She was much more relaxes, smiled, interacted with the music and the audience more. In the effort to do that, she 2footed the landings to the 3loop and second 3lutz, and fell on the 3flip but all in all, I thought it was a good skate for her, and that her presentation was second only to Ota's. She needs to work on the 3flip though. Pretty good for a girl who didn't start skating until she was 10.

And Jennifer Don's story, where she decided to have her finger amputated was something I hadn't heard before. What a dreadful decision for a youngster to have to make.

The guts of Bebe to push through the LP when she could have just bagged it...

I thought Carolina's SP was better than it was at World's. Good for you Carolina!

And the Japanese women are nothing short of amazing!

dpp

S

SHINE2002

It depends on your connection speed. If you have cable/DSL, it'll probably take less than 5 minutes. But if you have dial-up connection, it'll take perhaps 40 min or so (for the Mao file).

S

sk8guy2k2

Yukina Ota's layback was :eek: ...look at the back and the low free-leg. Her ina was like that too, the very arched back...WOW!:eek:

R

rgirl181

Re: jr world ladies

A lot of very beautiful young skaters. Ironically, I thought Jennifer Don had the best "whole package." She might make a great singles skater, though I'm not questioning her choice. Very tough decision for her with the finger amputation. I hadn't heard about that before.

The Japanese women were indeed amazing. Bebe Liang gave a totally gutsy and beautiful performance. I agree, Doris, that Ye Bin Mok looked more relaxed here. My hope is that these ladies stay healthy enough to keep going and make it to seniors. Also, I was a little concerned with some of the inconsistency, ie, that several skaters would land the big combos but fall on simple jumps. Did anyone skate a completely clean LP? But I loved watching them. A lot of great potential and a lot of great skating already realized.
Rgirl

P

personin2003

re: mok

I really enjoyed Yebi Mok performance , even with the 2-footed jump.

D

DORISPULASKI

Re: re: mok

Just after Don and Hunt got together, she fell and he skated over her little finger. She was told by her doctors that she would have to give up skating for a year to get it fixed, and then it would not be very functional. She decided to have it amputated instead, and went back to skating almost immediately.

dpp

J

Joesitz

Re: re: mok

The Japanese Jrs were terrif! What kind of Nationals will Japan have?

Ota, I believe it was her with that layback that Nancy said her shoulders are parallel with the ice. Mon Dieu, Increible!

And please note BeBe's spunk. Will she make her mark at the US Nationals in 2004?

Carolina needs a good styling coach. She has the potential but right now, she is bland, imo.

Evan Lysacek surprised me. Oh for a quad! His presentation was best in that group.

Some interesting upcoming Pairs in that contest, too.

Big question: Are they all ready to take on the Old Guard?

(EDITED TO ADD CAROLINA'S NAME.)

Joe

E

eltamina

Mao Asada

I watch the Mao Asada video. She is so CUTE. Big fat pony tail, nice smile.

She completed a triple axel. 3t/3l/3t, and a 3 lutz (or flip)/3t. Of course she is only 12, I hope the puberty monster will be nice to her.

I look forward to see her at jr worlds next year.

WOW, next year at senior Japanese national will be so competitive.

I hope Ando will make top 3 so that she can go to worlds 2004. If she wants to win Olys 06, she needs 1 - 2 years of worlds experience. She needs to improve on her basics, but she is taught by the Satos so she is in good hands.

J

Jules Asner

Re: Mao Asada

:( i really have to start paying attention to the skating schedule - I missed Yebin!!! :(

I would also have liked to see all the young Japanese gals. Can't wait to see all the new blood coming up.

S

SHINE2002

Re: Mao Asada

The Japnese Nationals was already very impressive last year and the field will only get deeper. I hope Yukina will work on her jumps and get them consistent more powerful. One judge put her in first in the FS at the Japanese Nationals and another gave her 2nd - they got it right! I hope she makes the world team and places top 10 at Worlds next year.