Rusty Hanger Awards | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Rusty Hanger Awards

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Not only that, but a bunch of the ladies would feel compelled to be skating to the Ring cycle and the last thing we need is that. Plus I can just imagine some someone falling with a big spiky helmet and taking huge gouges out of the ice and then they'd have to stop for resurfacing...... :biggrin: If they're going to make them wear helmets, then they should dress like the short-track speedskaters. It ruins the entire aesthetic of these gorgeous parade-float costumes [ :sheesh: ] if they have to stick a helmet on their heads. Unless, of course, the helmet matches the parade float, but under CoP, the judges really have to be paying attention to every second of the program, and it's hard to do that if you're :rofl: .

euterpe

Medalist
I think a helmet would have a bunch of side effects.

Spinning-you'd have to have the helmet strapped on, otherwise it could fly off and seriously injure a spectator.

And if you had straps to keep the helmet on your head, your field of vision would suffer because the straps would limit the degree to which you could turn your head, so.....there'd be more warmup collisions.

Anyhow, the helmet couldn't protect you from damage to your spine. So.....the next thing would be body armor. :biggrin:

sk8tngcanuck

On the Ice
I have a new nomination for a rusty hanger award:

Julia Sebestyen - her SP dress is a horror - perfectly fit for competing Halloween Weekend if you ask me.

Wish I could find a picture for all of you, but anyone watching SC would understand!

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Late to the party on my own thread...

But I JUST have to say...

You all CRACK me up!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Love those helmut pictures, and the sounds in my head of the music selections that might accompany those helmets. Seriously, I'm not discounting helmets as a safety feature, but the ones "proposed" so far would certainly represent a hazzard to the audience, if not the skaters.

YIKES!!

DG

heyang

Record Breaker
Blue Man Group

BMG did the commercials for the Pentium IV chip. I saw their show several New Year's Eves ago in NYC. I had no clue what the show was about, but it turned out to be fun. It's mostly percussion with fun gimmicks in between. Very lighthearted.

Here's a link to their site....
http://www.blueman.com/

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight

Hikaru

Final Flight
hrmsk8ngnutt said:
I agree!!! Here's a link - it's the third picture down on the left.

http://www.skatecanada.ca/en/events_results/events/mcsci04/news/photo_fri.cfm

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

well, If you take out all those little bows and stripes, I say you could fix it (I dunno how it looks from the back, so I'll wait for SC to be broadcats here to see that outfit). The one I really dislike is the Carmen outfit she used at Campbell's :eek: .
http://www.usfsa.org/content/events/200405/campbellsclassic/photos/sebestyen.jpg

It's painfull really, 'cause I really like Julia Sebestyen, she's a great skater, but man oh man, what an ugly outfit that was! The first time I saw it I thought that two designers worked on it and couldn't make their mind on which part to use, so they put both. This one goes in "What Not To Wear"

Last edited:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Ita!

Hikaru said:
well, If you take out all those little bows and stripes, I say you could fix it (I dunno how it looks from the back, so I'll wait for SC to be broadcats here to see that outfit). The one I really dislike is the Carmen outfit she used at Campbell's :eek: . It's painfull really, 'cause I really like Julia Sebestyen, she's a great skater, but man oh man, what an ugly outfit that was! The first time I saw it I thought that two designers worked on it and couldn't make their mind on which part to use, so they put both. This one goes in "What Not To Wear"

Additionally, that outfit just looks HEAVY. I found myself wondering if she could actually get up in the air for jumps. I suspect it's not heavy, but it sure looks that way to me.

I had not seen the bow thing. Yikes. What's the music for that program? I'm trying to figure out what the heck that costume is supposed to represent.

DG

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Julia, Julia!

I just saw the costume for her short program. Oh, my. I thought the Carmen costume was bad - "Look! I'm Don Jose! Now look! I'm Carmen!" - and it IS bad, but those bows are a crime of fashion in and of themselves. When you're not known as an artistic skater, why would you wear a costume that just dares the judges to deduct from your presentation scores? Twice in the same competition? Just asking...Rave

Laura_B

Rinkside
Brian Joubert's exhibition program is the exact same style as that red and black costume that Yags used for one of his short programs...(i haven't had much sleep so I'm blanking on what short program it was...)except that it's black and white... IMHO I like it a little better on Alexei, nothing against Brian though :love:

doubleaxelcm

On the Ice
Can someone give a link other than the yahoo one of brian's short costume? i have yet to witness this "monstrocity" and the yahoo one is expired or something