President | Golden Skate

President

Who do you believe would be a better President for our country?

• Total voters

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
In my opinion, George W. is a war-monger. Could Kerry be better? It's hard for me to believe that he could be any worse.............42

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Bus, the gun monger

Seems as if I am the only non-republican in Kansas. I am so disgusted with all the lies of Bush, I could never vote for him. When you have Bush, you are controlled by the NRA. And it has nothing to do with hunters. Whoever said it would!

Germanice

On the Ice
If I were in the position, I'd vote for Kerry.
IMHO things could only get BETTER after Mr. Bush.

Anke

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Okay...Germanice, I have a very tough question for you. If you had to choose between George W. Bush or Michelle Kwan for President...who would you choose? :rofl:

Anyway, I also have had enough of Bush's deceptive methods. He is getting away with so many things, and far too many people are just accepting that because they are affraid to try anything new! I don't really care for either candidate, but I also think that it is time to try something new. Kerry couldn't do any worse than Bush has, IMHO.

BTW, Granny, don't feel bad. I live in SE TN and nearly everyone in my small town supports Bush without question. I have been surprised to find that many of his supporters here will admit he isn't all that great, but they feel like he is the one to finish what he has started. LOL...and that is when I say it will never be finished! He has gotten us entangled in something that is so open-ended it is ridiculous. He defied history and morality and now has us (and our poor soldiers) caught in a quagmire!

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Kerry can't make a decision to save his life. Don't like his position? wait 5 minutes and it will change.

that being said he will be "controlled" by the dem. party and that means "let's screw over Alaska even more(among other people)" so I voted for Bush. Is he the BEST we've *ever* had, no... I give that to a lot of the founding fathers and maybe Reagan... but he's certainly better than the alternative...

R.D.

Record Breaker
Okay...Germanice, I have a very tough question for you. If you had to choose between George W. Bush or Michelle Kwan for President...who would you choose?

Heheheh...how about...NONE OF THE ABOVE

That'd be funny if they actually had that choice on a ballot.

I went with my family to vote for the first time. It felt really cool to have the power to make a difference with my vote. :cool:

Germanice

On the Ice
BronzeisGolden said:
Okay...Germanice, I have a very tough question for you. If you had to choose between George W. Bush or Michelle Kwan for President...who would you choose? :rofl:
Bronze, what can I say? :laugh: Kwan of course, who knows, sĆ­nce it doesn't seem to work with Olympic Gold, maybe that's her REAL calling? :rofl:

Anyway, I'd always prefer an unexciting, meaningless president, overly adored by at least many of her/his countrymen, always eager not to do anything wrong, over an ... uhmmmm ... let's call it simple-minded, war-causing one who made a tragical sitcom out of such a GREAT!!! nation (well, in some ways more, in others less! :biggrin: ) like the USA. :biggrin: :)

Anke

Last edited:

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
Bronze, what can I say? Kwan of course, who knows, sĆ­nce it doesn't seem to work with Olympic Gold, maybe that's her REAL calling?

LOL....you are evil.... :rofl:. But that will work...if she doesn't win Olympic Gold in 2006, then she has to run for President in 2008. Bush can be her Sec. of Defense. Then we could take over Russia and Japan and make all of their great skaters our own. LOL!

Last edited:

Germanice

On the Ice
BronzeisGolden said:
LOL....you are evil.... :rofl:. But that will work...if she doesn't win Olympic Gold in 2006, then she has to run for President in 2008. Bush can be her Sec. of Defense. Then we could take over Russia and Japan and make all of their great skaters our own. LOL!
Naaah, Kwan'll candidate for the Democrats, you don't have to annex Russia and Japan, after all you've got Johnny Weir! :rock:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow, what a surprise :yes: when I voted and saw the results that Kerry was ahead. I am very pleased.

I say put 2 John's in the White House. :rock: :rofl:

Dee

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
KERRY-EDWARDS!!!

We have got to get health care available to EVERYONE in this country. About a month ago a man in our community was denied continuation of his chemotherapy. Medicaid quit paying because his medical bills had decreased making him inelligible. When he could not come up with the $200.00 owed to the doctor they refused to treat him. Last week he died. :mad: :cry: Meanwhile Sadaam got hernia surgery and treatment for a prostate infection.

It drives me nuts :banging: :banging: :banging: that people would rather make sure that folks can continue to own guns and gays can be kept from "marrying" than take a chance on Kerry who is the candidate most likely to straighten out the health care mess. It also drives me nuts that those in the top 20% income bracket would rather see the poor go without health care than face a tax increase. Whatever happened to "From everyone to whom much has been given, much will be required... Luke 12:48."?

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Dee4707 said:
Wow, what a surprise :yes: when I voted and saw the results that Kerry was ahead. I am very pleased.

I say put 2 John's in the White House. :rock: :rofl:

Dee

:rock: :rock: :rock:

We have a guy running for house of delegates who has the coolest campaign ads. Both he and his wife are columnists at the newspaper. He is known as somewhat of a curmudgeon while she is hysterically funny. The ads show a picture of him frowning and her rolling her eyes and saying..."Get him out of my house and into yours!" :biggrin:

Germanice

On the Ice
Looks like it's no real question here, neither to the Germans. According to a representative poll about over 85 % of them would vote for Kerry (for a chance I'm among the majority :biggrin: ). That's about Mr. Bush's "reputation" here, or maybe we've just read too much Michael Moore? ;)

At least in our special cases both parties could've saved their tremendous expenses for the election campaign; I don't wanna even think about it would real good things could've done with it!

Anke

Last edited:

SingAlto

On the Ice
Tonichelle said:
Kerry can't make a decision to save his life. Don't like his position? wait 5 minutes and it will change.

And Bush can only think in terms of black or white. If he makes a decision, no matter how bad it is, he'll stick with it because he's unable to think out of the box. Unlike Bush, Kerry is man enough to admit when he's made a mistake and will find a way to rectify it.

Michibanana

Rinkside
Whoever gets elected is going to have to clean up after himself once he gets into office and realizes that the real world is NOT a campaign and he has to work with all the people he insulted/alienated during the election. I'll be glad when this whole thing's over.

floskate

On the Ice
Well it's your election but it DOES have a MASSIVE impact on the rest of the World, particularly here in the UK where we traditionally have been your strongest allies and likewise you to us. However the Iraqi war has led to lots of ill feeling towards Bush and unfortunately America in general. If Bush is re elected I dread to think what will happen over the next four years. :sheesh:

SingAlto

On the Ice
floskate said:
If Bush is re elected I dread to think what will happen over the next four years. :sheesh:

You've got that right. I am very worried, and I will be praying very hard in the next few days.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Piel said:
Whatever happened to "From everyone to whom much has been given, much will be required... Luke 12:48."?
I guess that doesn't make it into Bush's daily 1 hour Bible reading... I was actually listening to a discussion of two priests/ ministers, one of whom was saying that in her opinion Kerry's overall position reflected the Christian values despite his support for abortion rights.

But hey, we in Boston got our team the World Series Champions, so why not our Senator the President?!