Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Group 1 is done. Standings so far (total score):

Poykio 140.38
Manzano 125.3
Hegel 116.98
Calvez 102.88
Zhang 85.52

Interesting - the TOTAL spread in point for SP from 1st to 11 place was 53.64 to 30.84 = 22.8 points.

The spread just with the first five ladies in LP is 1st at 97.4 to 5th at 54.68 = 42.72 points. Either Poykio had the skate of a lifetime, or we might be in for some REALLY big scores!

DG

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Wow....

I'm getting the feeling this is a bit of a splatfest, but Cythia just pulled into the lead. Current standings based on total scores: (not just FS)

Cynthia
Miki
Alissa
Susanna
Elena
Manzano
Hegel
Calvez
Zhang

I have fingers and toes crossed for awesome skates from Yukina and Angela!!!

This is more exciting than I thought it would be. :)

DG

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
WOW!!! Good for Angela...

Total scores with LP placement in ():

1 Nikodinov 149.50 (2)
2 Phaneuf 144.40 (3)
3 Ando 142.64 (6)
4 Czisny 141.36 (4)
5 Poykio 140.38 (1)
6 Liashenko 135.8 (5)
7 Ota 130.70 (7)
8 Manzano 125.30 (8)
9 Hegel 116.98 (9)
10 Calvez 102.88 (10)
11 Zhang 85.52 (11)

What a night!!! Can't WAIT for the Rinkside Reports!!

DG

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
WOW!!! Now, what was it about US ladies having no depth?

Doggygirl said:
Interesting - the TOTAL spread in point for SP from 1st to 11 place was 53.64 to 30.84 = 22.8 points.

The spread just with the first five ladies in LP is 1st at 97.4 to 5th at 54.68 = 42.72 points. Either Poykio had the skate of a lifetime, or we might be in for some REALLY big scores!

DG
I guess Poykio did have the skate of a lifetime, to win the LP. But the difference in point spread (about twice as much) is about what we would expect, because the LP counts for twice as many points as the SP.

The CoP is going give us plenty to wrangle about. Sussana won the LP but only got fifth overall.

Mathman

lavender

Record Breaker
Good for Angela but those are some low scores and I don't see them topping the top skaters.

That's a good point, Lavender. Sasha got 197 points three times in a row in GP events last year. I wish she would have been able to skate this year so we could compare.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I am absolutely ecstatic about the results! It's too early in the season to be concerned about point values. :agree:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
That ended up right on Mathman...

Mathman said:
I guess Poykio did have the skate of a lifetime, to win the LP. But the difference in point spread (about twice as much) is about what we would expect, because the LP counts for twice as many points as the SP.

The CoP is going give us plenty to wrangle about. Sussana won the LP but only got fifth overall.

Mathman

At the time I noted the "spread" only 5 ladies, with 6 to go had skated the LP. The spread ended up not changing, because Poykio who skated 5th retained the highest LP score (can't wait to see it - hope we do on TV!!!) Now when would you ever see THAT in the 6.0 system???

DG

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Well, it's about time Angela........welcome back to the world of figure skating. You go girl..... :yes: .........I hope they include Susanna tomorrow. Wow! 42

Lucy25

Final Flight
Well, I certainly am pleased Angela won! However, I am not going to get too excited. She landed only four triples and did not attempt a sal or loop. Regardless, I hope this gives her confidence for the rest of the season.

I am totally shocked about the results of Ando and Liashenko!

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Susanna must be kicking herself (although I hope she takes her skates off first ;) ) for placing only 8th in the SP. Otherwise, she would surely have medaled.

Remember last year when Elena Liashenko went from 7th in the SP to 1st place overall in one of the GP events? That was so interesting.

cheekers85

Rinkside
Wow go Angela!! Yippe! I am glad to see her back too! I wonder what elements she did though? I am hoping they show Poykio too. I've been wondering what her skating has been like since 2001 but US tv never shows her. If it's good coverage they have to, winning the LP,even with the final placements is a big thing. I am somehow hoping they show Ota too, even though it looks like she is too far down in the standings for them to do that.