Why I Love Sarah Hughes' Skating | Golden Skate

Why I Love Sarah Hughes' Skating

L

Ladskater

Why I Love Sarah Hughes' Skating

Everyone here is Kwan crazy, but all things considered, I still prefer Sarah Hughes' skating. Why? I think mainly because she reminds me of myself when I skated. I like the way Sarah takes risks and attacks her jumps. No she is not perfect - but that is what I like about her skating. She is fresh and brings a joyful spirit to her skating. I know not everyone appreciates her, but I do! I thought she really fought back in the long program. That to me is an exciting skater - one who can fight back and show what they are made of. When figures used to be part of the competition many skaters had to have this ability. They could be marked way down in the figures and end up in the top five just by fighting back in the long program. It really added some excitement to the whole competition. Hooray for Sarah!

"From the Old School of Figure Skating"

Ladskater

S

sk8ing lady2001

Re: Why I Love Sarah Hughes' Skating

I am a Michelle fan who likes Sarah. Wonderful post that is! :D

E

eltamina

I love Sarah's skating too. I think a true artist is willing to be self effacing in the service of the art/ sport. Sarah has that quality.

L

lottafs

Sarah is cool. :) She is Northeasterner... like ME!!! :D

C

CuteGreekGoddess

<span style="color:blue;font-family:century gothic;font-size:x-small;"><strong>
I love her too :)
she rocks she is a NY'er :) </strong></span>

S

sk8guy2k2

I like the fact that she doesn't give up too much...

N

nysk8r

Great Post Lad!
ITA about her skating not being "perfect". Her skating is just unique to me, maybe because of her stature, or because of Robin Wagner's choreography. I hope she finds her love for skating and keeps her eligible status; she's too much of a competitor to go pro. Maybe she could take part time classes at Columbia, after all, she was accepted there. And to Yale. And to Harvard. :D

B

BronzeisGolden02

Well, I'm Kwan crazy, but I do enjoy Sarah very much. I remember watching her at the 2000 Nationals when she skated to "Turandot" for the LP and was so impressed! And then next year she pulled off an incredible performance at the 2001 Worlds. After 01 Worlds, I was definitely a Sarah fan. She came into that competition and skated to near perfection (especially in the long program). SLC disappointed me, but I was pleased for Sarah. She had so much spark and life infused in her skating that night, I couldn't believe it after she skated! So, whatever she decides will please me, but I'd love for her to stay amateur so we can all watch her style progress.

L

Lipinskifan19

Me too! I've watched her since she was 12 at the 98 Chevy skating spectacular and every year I've been impressed and liked more. I love her style of skating and I feel like I've practically watched her grow up, 12-17. I think that's one of the reasons why I'm so fond of her, it's kind of like the way some Kwan fans feel about MK b/c they watched her grow. Sarah is turning into such a lovely young lady I just like her more and more! :lol: . I love how her skating changes little bit evey year, she's becoming more polished, IMO. I can't wait to see her next time she competes. :)