Who do you think will win Nationals? | Golden Skate

Who do you think will win Nationals?

Who do you think will win Nationals?

• Total voters

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I chose other just because I wanted to say "the best of the evening" however I'm sure that Michelle will win... she always does :rofl:

oh well I'm hoping for Angela!!!

R.D.

Record Breaker
Michelle, definitely! No question about it.

Not that I want her to win, but...it just looks like it's gonna happen...

who are the two that voted for Sasha? lol :laugh:

RIskatingfan

On the Ice
I voted for Michelle but I think some here are tempting the SkateGods LOL I wonder how many were :rofl: when people suggested that Shizuka Arakawa could win Worlds in Dortmund :biggrin:

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I voted for Michelle because as far as I know she has no injuries & she takes very good care of herself. She's experienced & calm under pressure. I do, however, think that some of our younger girls have the ability to beat her but that won't happen this year.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Michelle, of course, however if Sasha makes it to the top, that's cool too...... :) 42

MichelleWingKwan

Match Penalty
First of all if you heard Angela had a very bad. I mean bad free skate at Cup of China and that must mean, not to be mean or anything but she would come in fourth or something. As my nickname here MichelleWKwan, I went with Michelle. Good Luck this session Michelle! :) :) :) :) :)

Kuchana

On the Ice
I'm not going to tempt the skate gods but I think Michelle is hungry and rejuvinated from '04 Worlds. She's got something to prove. Noting her confidence at Campbell's, I think she's definitely got the goods to persevere. Given her consistency, improvement, and last but not least superior and overall complete package, she's more likely to pose the greater challenge.

nicole_l

Final Flight
But if Michelle skates her best, she could beat Sasha.
I think it really depends on who's on that night. Let's hope they both are!

R.D.

Record Breaker
nicole_l said:
I think it really depends on who's on that night. Let's hope they both are!

If both Kwan and Cohen skate lights out, then it would be eeenteresting to see who the judges would hand the win to.

I don't think the above will occur, but you can always say, "what if", right? :biggrin:

TRAxel

On the Ice
Country
Canada
I am going to go out on a limb here and say Angela...
she will have the skate of her life, the jumps of her life and shock us all!
I would feel so happy for her if that happened.

Although, I would be perfectly fine with Michelle taking the title again.

Matt

On the Ice
I would love to see Sasha win, b/c that might put some of the nay-sayers to shame. And I would love to see Angela surprise us all. But I'm sorry, it is most definitely going to be another amazing MK year :rock:

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
I picked Sasha to win last year. But, I was fortunate enough to be in Atlanta to see Michelle's passionate "Tosca" performance. It was my first live amateur competition and I was blown away! I am going with Michelle, but Sasha is always a major player. "The Nutcracker" isn't wildly innovative or different, but it is such an elegant program and is definitely world class. Hopefully, Sasha will be able to focus on her training - the back pain, coach shuffling, etc certainly don't help matters. Michelle is Michelle. She has proven that she can step up for Nationals. I'd like to see Sasha do the same.